PDA

View Full Version : FS: Custom built 140 G (complete)

lookdown
03-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Forced to sell my beloved fish tank.
Due to my job I am required to move frequently…more often than I ever anticipated.
I’ve decided that I do not want to move my tank anymore, as my livestock suffers in one way or another each time I have to move.
The tank has been running for less than a year.
This system is 190 gallon total (incl. sump). The tank was custom built from starphire glass (all the way around), edged, with black silicone. The overflow is centered at one end with 3, ¾” holes. The overflow is covered in seamless black Plexiglas. Tank is euro braced. It measures 60” long x 18” wide x 30” tall (140 gallon).

The stand is steel, powder coated, black in color. It measures 60” long x 18” wide x 40” tall.
The sump is custom built with a drip tray design. It measures 35” long x 14.5” wide x 24” tall (50 gallon). It houses a heater, protein skimmer pump and return pump.
The lighting is a 48” Giesseman dual metal halide fixture with additional fadable moonlights.

Set up also comes with a:
Precision Marine protein skimmer with an extension riser, large waste collector and pump.
Heater-Ebojager 250W.
Pinpoint marine wireless thermometer.
Custom built canopy for tank and stand.

All plumbing was custom designed for easy disassembly. All valves are gate valves. All plumbing was designed to unscrew, eliminating a need for additional plumbing, cutting, gluing, etc. when relocating.
Custom carpet for underneath the stand was specially ordered and finished.

Other items included in sale:
Extra set of brand new MH bulbs
Liquid additives, reef roids, reef bugs, fish food
Power bars, power cords
Large mag-float magnet
All test kits (Sailfert and Elso)
DTS meter
Hydrometer and much much more.

You will get everything you need to keep this tank going.
All equipment is less than a year old and in like new condition.
Three sided tank viewing is excellent for a room divider.
Currently the tank is located in Cold Lake and running. Any one interested in the vicinity of Edmonton and Calgary can make arrangements for possible included delivery.
After a quick addition of my expenses, on the hardware alone it easily exceeds $6000.
Don’t hesitate to PM me for more info.
Open to reasonable offers. Serious inquiries only. Not interested in parting out.

MaxPowered
03-10-2009, 03:00 AM
Great looking tank! I have a friend that is looking to get back into the hobby. Any idea of total cost?

Was also wondering what that red thing on the side is? Is that Kelp?

brizzo
03-10-2009, 04:21 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a full tank shot from both sides if it's not asking too much :mrgreen: .. very sharp looking tank!

mark
03-10-2009, 04:43 AM
Seen this tank in person, amazing setup.

wgama
03-12-2009, 01:35 PM
I have also seen this tank, it is absolutely beautiful and very well set up

lookdown
03-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Tons of PMs but the offers are just too low.
I will let it go for $2500.

es355lucille
03-15-2009, 07:38 PM
PM'd and emailed. Please give me a call. Very interested in this tank!
Thanks
Brad

Tons of PMs but the offers are just too low.
I will let it go for $2500.

lookdown
03-15-2009, 09:51 PM
SOLD thanks for everyone's interest.