PDA

View Full Version : My new 89 gallon

Marlin65
03-09-2009, 04:00 PM
I am running out of space in my small 25 gallon. So looks like I am just in time with my 89 gallon. I can finally get that purple tang I always wanted.:biggrin:
Pictures of my 25 top down. I have them almost toughing each other now.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg94/hikingtrigger/AquaMarch2009019.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg94/hikingtrigger/AquaMarch2009007.jpg

Shot of my new tank still have to finish the stand and waiting for it to break in a bit more.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg94/hikingtrigger/AquaMarch2009021.jpg

levi1803
03-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Awsome looking tank

lobsterboy
03-09-2009, 07:44 PM
thats hot

christyf5
03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Hey thats awesome! I like the dimensions of that tank. :cool:Can you give more info on whats going on with the airlines and that giant white plastic thing in the tank? Is that the overflow?

Jay180reef
03-09-2009, 07:55 PM
wow...great looking setup. My next tank is definitely going to be a cube like that! :D

Marlin65
03-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Hey thats awesome! I like the dimensions of that tank. :cool:Can you give more info on whats going on with the airlines and that giant white plastic thing in the tank? Is that the overflow?
Thanks all.
Still need to finish some of the plumbing. The air line is my anti siphon and yes the white thing is my overflow its a large PVC reduction pipe that is turned upside down. Works pretty good I was going to build an acrylic one but this was easier. The tank is 36" x36" x 14" all half inch tempered with 3" euro bracing on top. I have a dart running my return flow and a 400w M/H SE in one of those 30" reflectors. Still have some things to hook up but can't wait to transfer some of my stuff.

bigblack
03-09-2009, 11:21 PM
looks slick mang, what type of reflector is that, and did you make the hood yourself, SEXY time!

Delphinus
03-10-2009, 01:20 AM
14" tall, wow. :)

But you know what, I think this is sort of the future of reefkeeping. I have a 30" tall tank right now and while I like the look of the openness, I was shocked to learn how little PAR my corals are getting at the depth of the top of the rockwork (never mind the bottom of the rockwork). To compensate means more wattage and thus higher bills. I think shallow is the way to go. :)

Looking forward to seeing this one fill in. :cool:

Marlin65
03-10-2009, 02:11 AM
I was thinking frag tank originally but now I want to fill it up. I have a 60 cube that I want to put up as my main in my living room but am short of space. If I do that I will have to let go of my other two tanks. The plan is to take both my 25's down and put them in this tank, and then try to get my 60 starphire cube running in the spot my 25's are. Not sure how it will all work out, but time will tell. I think I might have to part with some tanks though I have too many. :redface:

Marlin65
03-10-2009, 02:25 AM
looks slick mang, what type of reflector is that, and did you make the hood yourself, SEXY time!

Its one of those luminar reflectors (Spelling) coverage is good for 30"
Put the cover together myself its black acrylic and built my own tank. (I build boat windshields for a living) so not a far stretch for me. My fifth tank getting better with each one.:lol:

lastlight
03-10-2009, 03:16 AM
I love how you covered that reflector in. That's really close to what I wanted to do when I was still going with 3 lumenarcs myself. The more I see of these shallow but wide tanks the more I want one. Leonardo on RC is my current idol. I wouldn't say I have a crush but it's unhealthy. Check his thread for some ideas on yours!

TheRealBigAL
03-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Wow. Great looking tank. Cant wait to see it full of life :biggrin:

365seasons
03-10-2009, 03:29 AM
that is an amazing tank:smile:

Jay180reef
03-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Absolutely,

Marlin's tank has inspired me to draw up a 60" x 60" x 24" starfire...now where do I put a 375gal centerpiece tank without my gf knowing?? :biggrin:

14" tall, wow. :)

But you know what, I think this is sort of the future of reefkeeping. I have a 30" tall tank right now and while I like the look of the openness, I was shocked to learn how little PAR my corals are getting at the depth of the top of the rockwork (never mind the bottom of the rockwork). To compensate means more wattage and thus higher bills. I think shallow is the way to go. :)

Looking forward to seeing this one fill in. :cool:

Tom R
03-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Great Tank

I agree you are definitely on to something with shallow tanks for corals.

Just look at all the new coral tanks at OA they are 12 to 14 inches high.

Tom R

Whatigot
03-10-2009, 06:59 PM
I was thinking of the coral holding tanks at a lot of LFS when I saw this tank Tom.
Marlin, I love it man.
Very nice work....definitely the nicest empty tank on canreef right now....lol

plus, your montis look unbelievable in your 25.
I'm blown away you built it yourself, maybe a little hard to tell from the pics, but the quality of craftsmanship looks very high...

Whatigot
03-10-2009, 07:00 PM
I was thinking frag tank originally but now I want to fill it up. I have a 60 cube that I want to put up as my main in my living room but am short of space. If I do that I will have to let go of my other two tanks. The plan is to take both my 25's down and put them in this tank, and then try to get my 60 starphire cube running in the spot my 25's are. Not sure how it will all work out, but time will tell. I think I might have to part with some tanks though I have too many. :redface:

Let me know...lol
I need a cube now...lol