PDA

View Full Version : Sea hare dissapeared.

Douglas
03-09-2009, 12:49 AM
My Sea hare has dissapeared. I had him for a week. My last one made it into my overflow, and met his fate with the drain screen. I had solved the overflow problem, and the new one never met the same fate. But the new one has dissapeared. The tank is running well, and i haven't seen any signs of death. Weird!

naesco
03-09-2009, 01:17 AM
My Sea hare has dissapeared. I had him for a week. My last one made it into my overflow, and met his fate with the drain screen. I had solved the overflow problem, and the new one never met the same fate. But the new one has dissapeared. The tank is running well, and i haven't seen any signs of death. Weird!

Do you have lots of algae?

plutoniumJoe
03-09-2009, 02:20 AM
They do bury themselves, any chance of that?

banditpowdercoat
03-09-2009, 03:00 AM
My Anemone ate my Hare.... All I found was a little entrails or whatever by the anemone. All the tank critters are happy, and Anemone didnt want to eat for like a month

Douglas
03-09-2009, 01:04 PM
well.....it may have hid in the rock work. My tank has no sand. But it's been over a week now. I have a gorilla crab in my tank,(which i can't seem to trap), that it may have fallen victim to. The tank doesn't have a lot of alge, but enought to have a sea hare come in and clean house.

naesco
03-09-2009, 03:16 PM
well.....it may have hid in the rock work. My tank has no sand. But it's been over a week now. I have a gorilla crab in my tank,(which i can't seem to trap), that it may have fallen victim to. The tank doesn't have a lot of alge, but enought to have a sea hare come in and clean house.

It is surprising just how fast a sea hare can devour patches of algae in a tank. If there is not lots of algae it will strave to death unless you feed it lots of nori or algae discs.

If he does surface post and lend him to another reefer. Too many times sea hare die after finishing their algae mowing job because the reefers forgets to feed it.

phreezee
03-09-2009, 05:33 PM
My Anemone ate my Hare.... All I found was a little entrails or whatever by the anemone. All the tank critters are happy, and Anemone didnt want to eat for like a month

Same here... happiest I'd ever seen my BTA. Pretty expensive snack though :(