PDA

View Full Version : finicky Emperor

Sushiman
03-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Any tips on getting an Emperor to settle down & feed? I've got a nice 6" adult in my display, pretty shy still after a week & will only graze on the liverock. Turns his nose up to fresh clam, nori, mysis & krill. Any thoughts /input?

Leah
03-06-2009, 11:30 PM
What about the special angel foods frozen in cubes?

Sushiman
03-07-2009, 12:25 AM
still need to pick some up....

Leah
03-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Did you try soaking in garlic?

Sushiman
03-10-2009, 05:20 PM
garlic is next on the list, bugger still is just picking at the liverock & hiding anytime someone goes near the display.

Leah
03-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Still no luck! Maybe tell him if he does not start eating soon, you are going to eat him.

naesco
03-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Any tips on getting an Emperor to settle down & feed? I've got a nice 6" adult in my display, pretty shy still after a week & will only graze on the liverock. Turns his nose up to fresh clam, nori, mysis & krill. Any thoughts /input?

Adult angels are almost impossible to get to eat and for that reason shouldn't to sold to hobbyists.

Most of the buyers are fish tank owners who need a large impressive fish in their aquarium prior to hosting a home cocktail party.

As the angel is searching for food, in addition to what has already been recommended, why don't you remove a rock and kind of plug the small holes with sponge based fish food. Than maybe you can wean them on the a regular diet.
Good luck