PDA

View Full Version : Salt water red jewels for sale

zuzes20011
03-06-2009, 07:38 AM
like the add said i have salt water red jewels for sale my salt is 1.024 15 a peace no joke can send pics beside my clowns

fatpuffer
03-06-2009, 12:56 PM
is this the same jewel as the africal jewel cichlid?

Js

parkinsn
03-06-2009, 02:43 PM
I would like to see some pics......

Ephraim
03-06-2009, 02:49 PM
yes post some pictures after they have been in there for 2 weeks

Chris_A
03-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Acclimating Cichlids to Marine water happens alot more often than one might think. At one point there was a theory that they and damsels evolved from a common marine ancestor, not sure what ever happened with that theory though. May have been de-bunked. Either way though, I'd love to see some pic's...

Keri
03-06-2009, 08:01 PM
like the add said i have salt water red jewels for sale my salt is 1.024 15 a peace no joke can send pics beside my clowns

...What?

zuzes20011
03-06-2009, 08:37 PM
ok so im going to post some pics and a video for you thos of you that think it is easy to turn a red jewel in to a salt water fish pls by all means try it and tell me how it gos i lost 10 red jewels befor i finley got it write

zuzes20011
03-06-2009, 08:42 PM
so hears the link to the pics i dont no how to upload the video yet

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=78

Chris_A
03-06-2009, 08:48 PM
pls by all means try it and tell me how it gos It goes well for a few months... They may even colour up... and then *seriously* down (as in never to colour up, or swim for that matter, again). I've done it with a few species when I was young, not one ever worked out long term.

i lost 10 red jewels befor i finley got it write

This is exactly why I didn't say one *should* do it... ;)

Either way, best of luck!

Chaloupa
03-06-2009, 09:13 PM
I guess my question would be WHY?? There are so many marine fish that are gorgeous......why turn a freshie into a salt water fish? Sorry if this is off topic a bit mods...but I just want to know why a person would do that?

xtreme
03-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I guess my question would be WHY?? There are so many marine fish that are gorgeous......why turn a freshie into a salt water fish? Sorry if this is off topic a bit mods...but I just want to know why a person would do that?

Thats what I was wondering? If a person wants jewels why not put them into a FW tank?

Pier Pressure
03-06-2009, 09:43 PM
This seems unnatural and even cruel to me. Why bother? I had jewels when I had freshwater tanks and they were beautiful fish but I have no idea why anyone would want to attempt to turn a freshwater fish into a saltwater fish. I cannot see that the fish would enjoy it - especially if you killed ten trying it out!

zuzes20011
03-06-2009, 09:45 PM
becas you can go in to any pet store and ask there is only to typs of fresh water fish that have been able to be switched over to salt water and live and so i decided to try and make a nother one i have over 100 red jewels that i need gone and no one whants to by red jewels so by the looks of it i have found a way to make them salt water jewels altho some may disagre and say they will die like so maney all redy have i have 2 different salt water fish guys that are helping me on this my jewels are swimming happy and healthy there not panting it took them a littel bit to get used to floating but there fine now

zuzes20011
03-06-2009, 09:47 PM
and you guys say you no about fish then you would no that theres fresh water fish that live in salt water and salt water that live in fresh water in the wild strems run in and out of the ocean

zuzes20011
03-06-2009, 09:50 PM
molly puffers sharks theres 3 typs write there a lot of people use mollys to cycle there tank

Chaloupa
03-06-2009, 10:19 PM
and you guys say you no about fish then you would no that theres fresh water fish that live in salt water and salt water that live in fresh water in the wild strems run in and out of the ocean

We do KNOW about fish, and we do CARE about fish. That's why there is so much concern here. If we wanted a fresh water fish, we'd all have fresh water tanks......we ALL realize that some fish do frequent fresh to salt....however we don't play God and try to turn a fish that is completely FW into a SW fish just because we can...sorry, that's my 2 cents but this just seems ridiculous...

jus68
03-06-2009, 10:40 PM

Its amazing how you insult the same people you're trying to sell goods to. Pitty your 100's of Jewels.

fatpuffer
03-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Those fish you mentioned i.e. puffers, mollies, etc. do naturally occur in higher salinity. As far as I know jewels do not...and in my personal opinion cruel to do so.

Chaloupa
03-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Its amazing how you insult the same people you're trying to sell goods to. Pitty your 100's of Jewels.

I couldn't agree more...

Ron99
03-07-2009, 12:29 AM
I have to agree that this is not just a bad idea it is completely stupid and I can't see these fish living for a long time as the conditions, while tolerable, will be stressful and shorten their lifespan. It's like putting Catalina Gobies in a tropical reef tank but even worse.

Oh, and if you want to lecture people on this forum form some high horse perhaps you should improve your grammar and spelling.

Ephraim
03-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Fail, #1 fail in canreef history

http://www.springhomegardenshow.com/Pages/GardenMasters/Gold-ribbon.jpg

Skimmin
03-07-2009, 01:06 AM
Wow.

Pan
03-07-2009, 01:27 AM
Fail, #1 fail in canreef history

http://www.springhomegardenshow.com/Pages/GardenMasters/Gold-ribbon.jpg
ah purdy ribbon

midgetwaiter
03-07-2009, 03:12 AM
West African river cichlids have been kept in brackish systems for years. There are many cichlidae species that have the ability to tolerate and adapt to various environments, its hardly unique among river dwelling fish. This notion that what the OP has accomplished is somehow special is ridiculous, people have been doing this for 20 years.

That's not to say I think it's a good idea either.

zuzes20011
03-07-2009, 07:51 AM
pls close this form as theses people have nothing better to do with there time thank you

Edmonton Eskimo
03-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Buddy come on! You are clearly just trying to **** people off here. I really don't understand why you feel the need to do what you are doing. I do realise that there are fish that can swing both ways if you will, but what you are doing is completely wrong. You are trying to take an animal and try and force it to live in conditions that are completley opposite of what it was created to live in. Look at it this way; what you are doing is like taking a great dane who needs lots of room to run and plenty of exercise and keeping it in a birdcage. Will it live, probably but it will slowly suffer and die but that's cool right? I'm sorry as I don't like to bash people but you my friend are a complete moron and it's probably time to get out of the hobby and leave these animals to someone who actually cares about keeping them alive and not torturing them.

urbanhellfire
03-07-2009, 02:24 PM
pls close this form as theses people have nothing better to do with there time thank you

Did you really post this? Really?

Talk about nothing better to do with your time. :mrgreen:

If you want to kill FW fish by making them %100 SW go ahead but what kind of response were you looking for?