PDA

View Full Version : Any good tricks for getting out a Crab?

Trigger Man
03-06-2009, 06:02 AM
So I know it's been posted how to get out unwanted crabs, but I can't find it so I need the info again. I have seen a nice dark (near black) colored crab that is way to healthy as it is around a toonie in size. I have tryed unsuccessfully to grab it out with the plastic aquarium tweezers (and it should have been easy as it was hanging out on my sps colonies both times). So now I need to resort to plan B as I think it is the culprit damaging my sps.
So any ideas that have worked for you guys would be appreciated.
Thanks,

lobsterboy
03-06-2009, 06:38 AM
i found a few crabs in my sps today, 2 different colonies, i had to take both colonies out and then use tweezers to get them out.

untamed
03-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Put some food in the bottom of a tall glass and lean the glass with the open end tilted upward toward the place the crab hangs out. It should not take too long before the crab slides down into the glass to get the food and can't crawl out because the glass is too slippery.

argan
03-06-2009, 07:16 PM
if you can get the piece out, hit the crab with fresh water, that has worked for me

digital-audiophile
03-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Just got one out myself last night I had been hunting for. I was lucky enough to catch him in an acro so I pulled the colony out and stabbed the bugger with a turkey skewer. It was very satisfying!

Ephraim
03-06-2009, 07:30 PM
i have a handy plastic chopstick that i use for squishing crabs, gets inbetween branches really good.

lobsterboy
03-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Just got one out myself last night I had been hunting for. I was lucky enough to catch him in an acro so I pulled the colony out and stabbed the bugger with a turkey skewer. It was very satisfying!

mmmmm, surf n turf *drool*