PDA

View Full Version : three spine frogfish

whitwolf
03-05-2009, 03:26 PM
hey does anyone know if frog fish eat dead fish...they have been eating some fish and then killing others,i am not sure if they save them for later or shoul i just remove the dead ones

Keri
03-05-2009, 08:56 PM
You should probably keep it by itself, it's going to keep killing your fish. Remove the dead ones or your ammonia will go thru the roof (if it isn't allready - you should test it and probably do a waterchange)
I don't know if he's killing them or the ammonia is killing them. He is going to need a BIG tank when he grows up!

This link may be helpful :)
http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/miscellaneous/FreshwaterLionfish.php

whitwolf
03-06-2009, 03:53 PM
thank you for your help,ya its the feeders he is killing...i just wasnt sure if they came back to eat them later or if they just had a bad attitude....lol

Keri
03-06-2009, 08:21 PM
ohhh, ok, I didn't know they were feeder goldfish. thought he was just being a jerk to his tankmates :)

whitwolf
03-10-2009, 01:10 AM
ya i dont think i will put to much other fish in with them

mark
03-10-2009, 02:02 AM
killing the feeders or SW shock, either way as said, don't want dead fish fouling your water

Keri
03-10-2009, 07:21 AM
killing the feeders or SW shock, either way as said, don't want dead fish fouling your water

Three spine frogs are actually a FW species, not a true SW frog. I'm not sure if they need brackish or not.