PDA

View Full Version : Coming to town Mar 11

Snappy
03-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I will be coming to Edmonton next Wed Mar 11 so if anyone wants anything from Coral Master please let me know.
:biggrin:

rocketlily
03-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Do you have any corals that are a "plating coral". I'm very leary of putting any montiporas in the tank. I did have one in the past and went through the "Montipora eating Nudibranch" thing with it and have since stayed away from them.

Snappy
03-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Yes I have a frag of a nice scroll if you're interested. Bright yellow rimmed Turbinaria reniformis.:biggrin: I also have some bright green monti cap.

rocketlily
03-08-2009, 04:38 AM
I would like your opinion please. I had the nudibranches in a 20 gal tank a year ago in March after purchasing an aquacultured Montipora at a LFS in Edmonton. The demise of the Montipora was very quick. From the time I discovered the little critters to the time I removed the skeleton was less than a week.

That was one year and 2 tanks ago. However, the original 20 lbs. of rocks has carried forward to my current tank. Do you think there would be any eggs of little critters left? Should I try another Montipora or wait longer?

Snappy
03-08-2009, 06:08 AM
They will not eat acropora. They will eat montipora and when that food source runs out they die off. I know of one case where they moved onto a scroll coral and ate that but when that was gone so were they. It is very unlikely there will be any sign of them after all this time. I don't believe they can lay dormant in the rock for 2 years.

J.Lloy
03-08-2009, 03:04 PM
sent ya an e-mail

rocketlily
03-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Sent you an email.

Snappy
03-10-2009, 04:08 AM
Thanks to those I have been in contact with. Anyone else? Last call.:biggrin: