PDA

View Full Version : WTB Coral Attachment Epoxy

Chad
06-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Been looking every where for a epoxy that will work with soft corals. If anyone knows a place that has them "in stock" please let me know.

Thanks

Chad

Penelope
06-08-2003, 07:27 PM
I've been using Crazy Glue Gel and that's been working fine.

Aquattro
06-08-2003, 08:31 PM
Chad, epoxy isn't going to work with soft corals.

Chad
06-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Chad, epoxy isn't going to work with soft corals.

Well its some sort of liquid one that I saw that does apparantly work. Hardens in seconds under water. Maybe the packaging was lieing to me??

Chad

zulu_principle
06-09-2003, 01:01 AM
Thread and needle works the best with most softies.

Wendell

Chad
06-09-2003, 01:16 AM

Wendell

ya, I do that with most but I have this colt that I am worried about.. I tried the needle and thread and it basicly tore out and now it seems to be bleaching a bit???? Where it was cut (propagated) it is getting whiter and whiter.. so I am a bit nervous about it.

Chad

zulu_principle
06-09-2003, 02:27 AM
Chad

I have never heard of an epoxy for softies ???

Interested if you find something.

Wendell

Lucky Trout
06-09-2003, 04:26 AM
Super Glue works well and drys in seconds under water.

Hasn't done any bad to my tank since i have used it.

Ian

Chad
06-09-2003, 06:09 AM
Super Glue works well and drys in seconds under water.

Hasn't done any bad to my tank since i have used it.

Ian

I've read that in a few of my reef books as well.. But I really wouldn't know what "brand" etc to buy if I was looking at them.

Chad

Penelope
06-09-2003, 06:35 AM
Use Super Glue GEL (that's exactly the brand name). The other versions of Super Glue IMO seep into the rock too quickly. It works really really well.

Van down by the river
06-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Super glue is a brand name, so many authors will say Cyanoacrylate super glue. Is this what is causing the confusion Chad?

Chad
06-09-2003, 03:35 PM
Super glue is a brand name, so many authors will say Cyanoacrylate super glue. Is this what is causing the confusion Chad?

Well mostly it was the fact they just call it "super glue" . And if you go to the hardware store there are about 10 varieties of them. I didn't want to get any old one and shove it in my tank :eek:

Chad

Bob I
06-09-2003, 04:48 PM

Wendell

ya, I do that with most but I have this colt that I am worried about.. I tried the needle and thread and it basicly tore out and now it seems to be bleaching a bit???? Where it was cut (propagated) it is getting whiter and whiter.. so I am a bit nervous about it.

Chad

If it is the same Colt I have, it is almost impossible to get it to attach. I finally used a small tupperware type of container, put the frag in, and surrounded it with rubble. I then put it in a low flow area. The frag attached after a couple of weeks. :eek:

Chad
06-09-2003, 06:45 PM
If it is the same Colt I have, it is almost impossible to get it to attach. I finally used a small tupperware type of container, put the frag in, and surrounded it with rubble. I then put it in a low flow area. The frag attached after a couple of weeks. :eek:

I will post a pic of it later tonight. The colt is driving me nuts. Plus it killed one of Xenia's..

:frown:

Chad
06-10-2003, 01:59 AM
Ok, here is my colt, I have had it for about a week. Cannot get it to stay in a single place long enough for it to take hold and I think its starting to really have a hard time.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/cmcd/Colt.jpg

Someone please give me some pointers :eek: . Looks to me like its bleaching. Oh and I rarely see the polyps.

Chad