PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

PhillyzPhish
03-03-2009, 04:16 AM
I am new to SW and Reefs but have been an avid African Cichlid lover for years, and currently keep 2 Fresh tanks a 120g and a 300g. Just bought an almost complete setup off of a member on another forum but I believe he is also a member here. Looking forward to sharing my experiences and problems I may encounter thanks for Reading and hopefully this 3 days of filling will be finished in the next couple hours

andestang
03-03-2009, 04:20 AM
:welcome: Welcome to the board ! Have any info on your setup ?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Hey Phil,

Welcome to Canreef. Good luck with the tank.

Anthony

eli@fijireefrock.com
03-03-2009, 07:09 AM
welcome to the board

PhillyzPhish
03-03-2009, 11:38 AM
:welcome: Welcome to the board ! Have any info on your setup ?
I bought JohnCody's setup off of him a few days ago Bought new bulkheads for it and some more LS and 3 buckets of salt. Hooked up the RO unit and began filling it up a few days back. Last night it started leaking all over I had just finished adding the LS to it and was within 5-10 gallons of being full (Sump and Tank) when i noticed water on the bottom trim I tryed drying it off with several methods (Blowing, Paper towel, Towel) and it kept coming so I have gotten most of the water out now but it is still leaking as we speak I saved all of the water because I didnt feel like wasting all the salt and RO water. I cant belive that JohnCody would have such bad luck then he gets the warranty tank and wow I didnt even get to stick a LR in the tank to try to spike the ammonia and its already leaking Not sure what it is if it is the stand or if It is some weird fluke that 2 tanks leak
Any suggestions would be great!

Hey Phil,

Welcome to Canreef. Good luck with the tank.

Anthony
Doh You jinxed me Anthony LOL
welcome to the board
Yep thanks kindly

mseepman
03-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Welcome to Canreef!!

Wow, I would say that you should chat with Johncody to see if he can touch base with Oceanic about what they want to do.

andestang
03-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Wow, not a good way to start out, at least it happened now instead of later. I'm sure Oceanic will help out, but I'd get the original owner to do it, not sure how the being the second owner would pan out. Good luck though.