PDA

View Full Version : Lookdown for sale...offers

untamed
03-02-2009, 09:32 PM
This is one of those sad situations where you can't have everything you want. My Lookdown has started to view his smaller tankmates as food, so it is time for him to move on. I have had him for almost exactly 1 year.

This fish is healthy, probably carrying crypto parasites (ich), eats Formula 1 and 2 pellets (medium size) as well as frozen shrimp, squid and octopus. Will eat other fish, so it suitable only for an aggressive tank. Optimally, it would prefer another Lookdown to keep it company as it clearly likes the company of other large fish. Shows no interest in inverts. Tanks with many cross braces would are potentially hazardous for him during surface feeding.

Currently, probably 8" from jaw to tail..with potential to reach the size of a dinner plate.

A startling, "jaw dropper", of a fish!

I'm looking for offers. Please describe your tank as part of the offer.

Photo taken Jan 4, 2009
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r118/untamed_photos/Fish%20pictures/100_0410.jpg

Trigger Man
03-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Sorry to hear that you have to remove your lookdown. A beautiful fish and always a crowd pleaser. I had to remove mine a while back as my Crosshatch trigger was attracted to their shimmer and would attack them and killed one because they were to slow to get out of it's way. For any fish big enough (i'd recommend without triggers) this is a great fish to add.

Whatigot
03-02-2009, 09:53 PM
awww brad...
I never got to bring my clown gobies over.....:lol:

justinl
03-02-2009, 09:56 PM
aw man, i was afraid of this day. that fish is always a pleasure to watch. So what did it (or try to?) eat?

Leah
03-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Whoops,
That is a shame and I guess it's a good warning. I seriously was considering one.
They are just so primative looking. But I guess predatorish would describe them
better. He'd have a buffet in my tank! Hope you find a good home for HIM!

untamed
03-02-2009, 10:30 PM
aw man, i was afraid of this day. that fish is always a pleasure to watch. So what did it (or try to?) eat?

Yes, I knew this day would come and it has been a lot of fun keeping him.

During lunch today, I watched him take a run at the larger orange-spotted goby, then the smaller, male maroon clown. The female maroon gave him a good rebuttal for doing it though!

Maybe I'll pick up some chromis this week and keep him entertained (and full!)

GreenSpottedPuffer
03-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Sorry to hear this Brad :(

The last time I was there you were mentioning it was just a matter for time but this still must be hard.

Hope you find a nice big home for him!

Zoaelite
03-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Wow amazing fish, good luck with the sale. I can't wait to get my own 400g so I can start keeping species like that. Do you know if its a female or male?
Levi

Tom R
03-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi Brad
Say it isn't so.

Catching him will be some fun. I could bring they fly rod over and a # 24 fly. LOL

Tom R

untamed
03-03-2009, 04:41 AM
Do you know if its a female or male?
Levi

We call him "Nick". We don't know why.

Hi Brad
Say it isn't so.

Catching him will be some fun. I could bring they fly rod over and a # 24 fly. LOL

Tom R

I haven't tried, but it shouldn't be too hard. He won't hide in the rockwork and he isn't too bright.

untamed
03-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Bump...

untamed
03-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Bump

untamed
03-16-2009, 05:25 AM
This fish is now at JL looking for a new home.