PDA

View Full Version : Carpet anemone Surrey

Newtoreef
02-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Gauging interest in a Red carpet anemone. (Stichodactyla haddoni). I have 3 carpets in my 140 need to make some room. this guy is about 14"-16" across hard for me to get a pic as he decided he liked the back side of my rocks.

Newtoreef
02-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Its' more like 14"-16" across. I will try and get some pics once I reaquascape. Asking $100 or trade for some interesting corals.

Delphinus
03-01-2009, 03:19 AM
Man, what I'd give to be local for this so I could rehome it for you.... good luck with the sale! :) Awesome deal.

GreenSpottedPuffer
03-01-2009, 03:36 AM
How many fish has it eaten? ;)

Very interested in pics. I have half a 200G to stock still.

Just that I had issues with my mini carpet eating all kinds of fish. Seems these guys are not nearly as aggressive though. I know a few people have them in their reefs with little problems.

Newtoreef
03-01-2009, 05:34 AM
My Stichodactyla giganteas has eaten more fish than the haddoni. That being said the bubble tip in my smaller tank has eaten more than all 3 of the carpets together in my 140. But you will be hard pressed to find as large a specimen as this guy. Sad to see him go but I'm in need of the real estate.:)
The Haddoni is not near as sticky as the giganteas, and the bubble tips sting is way more nasty. I was reading that certain clowns will only host to certain anemones. However from what I've seen any clown fish can acclimate to any anemone they just mouth it for awhile then move in once it don't hurt anymore. lol
Will post pics in a couple days.

Newtoreef
03-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Ive decided to let my maroon clown go with the red carpet, it's more a maroon color carpet, so they pair up nicely. It's also a large fish like 5+" and very aggressive towards other clowns, so if you have another clown fish already, I will not sell it to you. He fine with other tank mates just so long as they dont look like him lol.I also suggest a 6' tank and metal halides. $150 for the pair or trade for a cool coral.

GreenSpottedPuffer
03-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Darn...I was just about to PM you saying I would take it but I won't have a maroon in my tank. Too bad :(

Newtoreef
03-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Pics added, sorry couldn't get a better angle on the carpet. The pics do not do the color justice, there are also some nice white markings that did not show up as well. Washed out with the flash I guess.

Newtoreef
03-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Just added a pic without a flash. A piece of the white markings has showed up. Still does not do it justice.

Newtoreef
03-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Added a better pic of the maroon.

Newtoreef
03-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Well I gotta get the rock work done this week, and I don't want to start it with the big carpet in there. I'm going to bring the pair of them into J&L in the morning, if nobody wants them tonight.