PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone in Calgary have a PAR meter?

Delphinus
02-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Want to take some comparative readings if I could.

Realize it's a long shot, but gonna ask in hopeful optimism nonetheless..

Carmen
02-28-2009, 12:07 AM
I think Lorenzo may have one?? :neutral: Hope I am not wrong but I think he told me he checked the par ratings from the bulbs I bought from him??

i have crabs
02-28-2009, 12:32 AM
i have one and id be happy to meet up one day, i was actually just finished doing some of my own and was gonna post them up

Delphinus
03-01-2009, 03:32 AM
Hmmm, Chestermere eh?? Do you find yourself down in the south end of the city much? Hate to ask you to go out of your way that much, but if you do find yourself near Evergreen please drop me a line, I'll pay you a double-double for your time or something.

I'm really curious what my Iwasaki 15k 250w is putting out. The 175w version was tested by Sanjay Joshi (with favourable results) but there's no data for the 250w DE version. I just found out this lamp may not be the bigger brother of the 175w at all, but a completely unrelated product line.

i have crabs
03-01-2009, 04:13 AM
i bought the meter for the better good of canreefers so im shure i can skip some xbox to mess around with people's lights ive really been slacking so far, if anyone wants some testing done please give me grief untill i do it, its a shame to have such a helpfull tool go to waste

kien
06-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Del, did you ever test your Iwasaki 250s with the PAR meter? I'm doing some research to replace my stock lights (they are 10K Currents USA). I want to get new 15K lights and came accross the Iwasaki 250s.

Crabs, I was at your place to pick up a frag of the green stylo a few weeks ago. He's doing great! I would love to borrow your PAR meter if you wouldn't mind. I don't live too far from you, I could pick it up sometime and return it to you when done.

Actually, this thread gave me a great idea. I'm sure tonnes of canreefers are using different lights that don't have reported PAR results. It would be cool if everyone had a chance to test their lights with the PAR meter and then report back to the forum with their results. Type of light, age, PAR value, etc. Anyway, just thinking out loud.

xtreme
06-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Don't forget Kien, ballasts also affect PAR readings. It's not just the lamps that matter.

kien
06-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Good point. I always forget about that detail.

Nate
06-10-2009, 05:46 PM
you need it tony? pm me

parkinsn
06-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I also have one.

JDigital
07-05-2009, 12:40 AM
I think Lorenzo may have one?? :neutral: Hope I am not wrong but I think he told me he checked the par ratings from the bulbs I bought from him??

He borrowed that from Kevin @ Red Coral... :) I'm sure Kevin would do the same for you Tony..

i have crabs
07-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Crabs, I was at your place to pick up a frag of the green stylo a few weeks ago. He's doing great! I would love to borrow your PAR meter if you wouldn't mind. I don't live too far from you, I could pick it up sometime and return it to you when done.

i suppose we could do that, give me a call if you still have my number if not send me a pm