PDA

View Full Version : Can seahares reverse?

my2rotties
02-27-2009, 04:19 AM
Well my seahare is stuck in a tunnel. His head is stick out a narrow hole and his big arse is stuck in the tunnel. He has not moved for a couple of hours and I am thinking he cannot move back. I know he cannot go more forward then he is. I can see the front of his head in the tunnel but nothing else. If he is stuck I have to take apart the entire rock work to get him out.

It kills me to do it, but I will help him out. However I would rather wait and see if he can go backwards, or should I just resign myself to ripping the tank apart.

SO... can they can g backwards and maneuver?

hillegom
02-27-2009, 05:27 AM
I would wait a day before doing anything. Not sure if they back up. But they could not be that stupid, could theY? He would not starve in a day

my2rotties
02-27-2009, 05:36 AM
You wouldn't think they would be, but they are pretty simple and fall in slow motion amongst all else that they do... His butt is too big to squeeze it out through where he stuck his head in...

I would wait a day before doing anything. Not sure if they back up. But they could not be that stupid, could theY? He would not starve in a day

Delphinus
02-27-2009, 05:47 AM
There's really not a whole lot to them. so he probably can squish his way out of there. There is a small shell inside, but it's really pretty small. My guess is he's sleeping. They do have a tendency to just sit there motionless for hours or even days. Dollars to donuts sometime in the night he'll just wander off.

Snappy
02-27-2009, 06:31 AM
there's really not a whole lot to them. So he probably can squish his way out of there. There is a small shell inside, but it's really pretty small. My guess is he's sleeping. They do have a tendency to just sit there motionless for hours or even days. Dollars to donuts sometime in the night he'll just wander off.
+1

Leah
02-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Hey did he move yet? Or did you help him?

my2rotties
02-27-2009, 03:27 PM
His head is not stuck out the hole but I cannot see into the tunnel he was in. I am hoping he got out, but am not 100% sure of it yet. I will be on watch this evening since I went to bed last night, hoping he would get out himself.

phreezee
02-27-2009, 03:45 PM
They can stand on their tail and turn around.
I've seen mine bridge gaps large gaps in the rock/glass by hanging by their tail.