PDA

View Full Version : NAS New technology experiement

NAS
02-26-2009, 08:50 PM
OK,

Brace your selves for some interesting stuff....:question:

I have had a monumental Idea, and with some sneekyness will share it with you all!

Here is the scoop. Im not going to tell you what exactly is going on until it is finished. If you have any interest in propagating corals you will want to follow along from time to time and I welcome input.

This is somewhat of a new thing. I am in the planning stage just now, and I will be meeting with my co-conspiritors this weekend to start this "build".

I don't plan to show all the details at the start. So there may remain some un-answered questions. Fear not, the answers will come eventually.

To doccument this, Im setting up three tanks. A blank, A control, and A test tank. All will include similar coral frags and propagations. I plan to tract water paramaters in detail.

This involves my Brothers laboratory for independent water testing :biggrin:

(finally convinced him).

This is to include activated carbon, Protien skimmer effulant assement, Trace element tracking and some thing else eventually that will be revealed.

If you have any ideas that should be included let me know with a pm.

Stay tuned...

im so excited.

Delphinus
02-26-2009, 09:11 PM
All I really know is that you can't leave the Island unless it wants you to leave.

High tide
02-26-2009, 09:22 PM
I love a good mystery!

brizzo
02-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Sounds like my tank everyday :lol:

High tide
02-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Sounds like my tank everyday :lol:

What, the mystery or the experiment part?lol.

Leah
02-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Unbeweavable.....i say!

hillegom
02-26-2009, 09:55 PM
?

NAS
02-26-2009, 09:59 PM
LOL,

Honestly. This may be cool. The water testing and such is secondary to the main goal. It will with out dought confirm or discount my master plan.

Treebeard
02-26-2009, 10:15 PM
World domination? :scared:

It will with out dought confirm or discount my master plan.

golf nut
02-26-2009, 11:46 PM
So there really is a master plan?

NAS
02-27-2009, 04:07 PM
yup.

install stuff.

Track corals

track trace elements.

Ahhhhhhhhhh

That's it.

fdiddy
02-27-2009, 07:25 PM
So, you're running an experiment and tracking certain trace elements which you are controlling in each system... why is this a secret? This is what your salt and additive companies are/should be doing already. Anyways, GL with the experiment.

NAS
03-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Yes! But, there is more.

That is the secondary part. A side effect if you will. The research papers collected have been supplied to my partner in crime to start in development. Turns out after we reviewed them this weekend past there are some serious issues we have stumbled into. We need to tweek the set up a smidge to make it workable. But, It will happen. Stay tuned.

Trigger Man
03-03-2009, 01:14 AM
sounds interesting, I wish you were able to actually use different salts (1 high end one, 1 mid priced one, and one cheap one) in each tank and track the differences of growth on similar corals.

NAS
03-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Ok,

over the last week or so, we have started to build the main test stuff...
completed so far is the methodology for the test and the subsiquent water tests. The main materials are selected, now in the finilzation stage for the gear....

Getttin closer.

muck
03-12-2009, 08:44 PM
*yawn* ... losing interest... :razz:

NAS
03-13-2009, 01:22 PM
LOL!
I think we're yawnin for two different reasons though. It's 6:20 am and to dam early be up.

Im going to be honest. This may take a while to develop. This has a cool application if it works. However, Like most things for me lately it's being a little more difficult then I expected. Im getting hung up on one key piece of equipment and not getting what I need. Looks like im going to have to make it. :cry:

muck
03-13-2009, 04:56 PM
lol... you're telling me. I was up way to early this morning as well...
Coffee is my lifeline these days. :mrgreen:

NAS
03-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Sad news...

This little vestment in reef technology is going to cost me $300. So,
the wife is going to be ****ed.

muck
03-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Its always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

NAS
04-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Ok,

I have now figured out the mechanics of the whole plan. Sticky details. I have started to manufacture and test some of the hardware. So far I have not done my self in. However, My wife has come close to doing that a couple of times.

Im thinking this may very well work!

Stay tuned.

lastlight
04-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Are you trying to install a reeftank on a segway? The MYSTERY!

NAS
04-15-2009, 12:26 AM
We have hit a snag. Turns out the master plan appears to be harder then first thought. We are awaiting a more "varriable" (ooooohhhh was that a hint) piece of equipment. Have to admit it's makin me a little nervous.