PDA

View Full Version : Two Spotted Goby

Darist
02-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Hi, I was wondering who out there has or has had spotted gobies, I have a pair right now that I have had for about 3 months. I am curious to the longevity of these fish, I have only a 20Gal so I have started enriching the sand bed with a syringe and home made fish food. They seem to take to it very well, I have noticed that they won't eat any larger pieces of fish or algae. They seem to eat it as long as it is very finely minced. Has anyone tried anything like this for other sand sifters?

I would appreciate comments that anyone is willing to offer, I have only been in this hobby for about 8 months.

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-26-2009, 05:13 AM
Hi, I was wondering who out there has or has had spotted gobies, I have a pair right now that I have had for about 3 months. I am curious to the longevity of these fish, I have only a 20Gal so I have started enriching the sand bed with a syringe and home made fish food. They seem to take to it very well, I have noticed that they won't eat any larger pieces of fish or algae. They seem to eat it as long as it is very finely minced. Has anyone tried anything like this for other sand sifters?

I would appreciate comments that anyone is willing to offer, I have only been in this hobby for about 8 months.

I do that for my sand sifting gobies. I know what area they eat in and use a turkey baster to put food in the sand. They go nuts :)

Darist
02-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one that does it.