PDA

View Full Version : Zeo tanks

parkinsn
02-24-2009, 09:15 PM
I would just like to know how many people are running the full zeo system and what your experiance has been thus far, good, bad, ugly, tips and tricks that kind of thing.

Thanks.

christyf5
02-24-2009, 09:20 PM
I run zeo. I'm sort of on the fence about it but sticking with it. It keeps my nutrients relatively low so I can feed well without the algae. My nitrates have risen to about 20ppm since starting it though (not typical). Colors are nice but they were nice before as well.

Tip: before you start dosing post on zeovit.com with all your parameters. There is a series of questions about your tank that you can cut and paste into your thread there and they will give you a dosing regimen.

parkinsn
02-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks Christy, I have posted on zeovit.com and G.Alexander has givin me some suggestions as have some other people (very helpful)

Whatigot
02-24-2009, 09:30 PM
I run zeo. I'm sort of on the fence about it but sticking with it. It keeps my nutrients relatively low so I can feed well without the algae. My nitrates have risen to about 20ppm since starting it though (not typical). Colors are nice but they were nice before as well.

I am watching you Christy:whistle::bounce:, to see what happens when you get off that fence.

christyf5
02-24-2009, 09:32 PM
I am watching you Christy:whistle::bounce:, to see what happens when you get off that fence.

LOL, well once I get off the fence I tend to have strong feelings about things, either I'll love it or I'll hate it. Now its just a wait and see. ZeoWatch 2009 continues...:razz:

Whatigot
02-24-2009, 09:39 PM
I have sure seen some really nice zeo tanks, but usually they are run by very serious reefers who would have a really nice tank if they still used an undergravel filter.

I find that 9/10 times, I read a comparison only to find out it was paid for or funded by zeo or one of the zeolikes....

the rest of the time, its not definitive.

if it really works as advertised and you really are that much better off with it, I'll take it.

Zeowatch it is, can't wait to see which side of the coin comes up.

Jason McK
02-24-2009, 09:45 PM
I've run Zeo for 3 year now. I'm currently getting a bad ALK fluctuation under control so I've have some issues, but those are my fault not Zeovits.

As most Zeovit threads tend to get into Flame wars I tend to keep quiet.

J

Whatigot
02-24-2009, 09:50 PM
so, specifically, in your own opinion, what are the things that have kept you buying zeo products for 3 years Jason?

Jason McK
02-24-2009, 10:01 PM
I've never registered any Phosphates, or Nitrates. I've never had any nusance algae, and I believe that I'm getting the best possible colours from my SPS

Whatigot
02-24-2009, 10:03 PM
and you attribute all of that largely to zeovit?

how long did you have this system before you switched to zeo?

Jason McK
02-24-2009, 10:09 PM
I started Zeovit just after the tank finished cycleing, before I transfered my corals over from my old tank.

In every other system I have run I've always had low levels of Nitrate and Phosphates. That required Phosban reactors and denitraters to lower them to comfortable levels. Zeovit does not require these items and actually recommends they not be used

J

FlamesFan
02-24-2009, 11:53 PM
I have been running zeo dosing since november and full zeo since the start of january and have had nothing but great results. A lot of "dormant" SPS have shown new growth and colors have improved.

On a downside other than the cost of the zeo product for dosing, my calc/alk dosing has gone up but I use 2 part form bulkreef so cost on that is pretty low.

The biggest advice I can give is, if your currently a lazy param tester than ZEO isn't for you. If your params are not kept in check, ZEO will crash your system. This is why there are so many novice reefer posts on their forums about how "ZEO" crashed their reef and how it's ZEO's fault and not theirs.

steve fedyk
02-25-2009, 01:36 AM
I've been using Zeo since december, and happy with the results. At first I lost a real nice staghord, but I think it is because pattasium was low, 275ppm. Coarls do die off if pramitors are off in non-zeo tanks too. About three weeks ago work got out of hand and I didn't have time to check the tank, and lost about four coarls, because my KH was about 6.0 to 6.5. It took me four day the bring my KH up to 8.0. The Zoe is working great so far, if I can keep the water changes up and dosing up.
I'm going to give it a good year or more before I make up my mined.
If you have a problem with puslezing zena it will clear that right up for you.
I've hard it's best to start a tank with Zeo that switch over to Zeo on an older tank. My tank was about year and half old when I started.