PDA

View Full Version : Ok, new question for the kamloops folk

StirCrazy
02-23-2009, 02:47 AM
Ok, so we are interested in an acrage about 20 min out of kamloops towards cherry creek.

Do you guys know if you can get shaw cable out there? And does anyone know what the wells are like out that way, do they put out a good amount of water?

thanks
Steve

StirCrazy
04-17-2009, 02:33 AM
ok so the place sold before I could go up there, but we did go out and look at a different acreage, problem was they misled us on the listing, said it was 15 min from town... 45 min later we were 5 miles past the McClure ferry and there, but when I saw all the problems they were asking about 200K to much with the work it would have taken to get it fixed.

So we looked at a bunch of other places, and so far the front runner is one on juniper ridge, going to be tight getting the trailer beside the house but I think it will work. and it doesn't have a separate shop for all my tools so we won't be able to park in the garage :mrgreen: mind you I am coming out for a week in May to actually buy a house and there are still a tone to look at.

Steve

todd516
04-17-2009, 02:58 AM
I have lived in kamloops all my life and i thought you should know that juniper hills is in the shade most of the winter. Look at where the mountain is before you buy if that is a concern. If you like the sun all the time maybe look at sunrivers golf course, very nice.

StirCrazy
04-17-2009, 03:17 AM
I have lived in kamloops all my life and i thought you should know that juniper hills is in the shade most of the winter. Look at where the mountain is before you buy if that is a concern. If you like the sun all the time maybe look at sunrivers golf course, very nice.

Whats it like in the summer? I know we were warned that if you get to the left side at the base of the mountian in Westsyde it gets dark real early in the summer. I don't think winter would bother me to much as I am used to Victoria winters where you go months with out seeing the sun.

Steve

todd516
04-17-2009, 03:41 AM
Yes the sun does go down in westsyde first but it has very little wind and that is nice also. batch hills is also a nice place with old and new houses. I have owned a roofing co. in kamloops for 19 years so i know alot of places, tell me what you want and i will tell you where to buy it.

new but handy
04-17-2009, 03:42 AM
Kamloops in the winter is awesome... -30 and always windy. It's a lot like Victoria winters:lol:

todd516
04-17-2009, 03:49 AM
NOW CRAIG.
Dont anyone listen to him, he just wishes he lived in kamloops. By the way how is my hippo doing in your tank, hope he is well.

new but handy
04-17-2009, 03:57 AM
Hey man.
That Tang is awesome. He has a wack of character. He likes to pick up everything he can and move it to a place of his liking. I lost a few frags before I gave up and glued everything down. He used to pick things up and race back and forth across the front of the tank. He also doesn't like my grabbing tongs, he tries to slice them everytime they end up anywhere near his house. He doesn't mind my hands or the turkey baster, He just doesn't like my tongs.:lol:
sorry to barge in on your thread, carry on

new but handy
04-17-2009, 04:01 AM
Oh, congrats on your baby bengaiis. It was probably the new lights:mrgreen:

todd516
04-17-2009, 04:06 AM
Glad to hear he is doing well. I have a 5-6" trigger that hates when my wife puts her hands in the tank and bites at her gloves but loves me.

StirCrazy
04-17-2009, 04:08 AM
Kamloops in the winter is awesome... -30 and always windy. It's a lot like Victoria winters:lol:

you know, thats better than Victoria's winters.. I hate it here in the winter as it is always dark, dingy and raining, and windy.. get a new storm every other day :mrgreen: I found that I would rather go outside in -35 in Edmonton than in -10 in Victoria.. the humidity here goes right through everything and makes you so cold in the winter.

even when we were in Kamloops a few weeks ago it was -3 at night, and I was ok in a t-shirt for about 15 min.. If it is +5 here I need to be bundled up LOL besides I already read enviorment Canada's website, the average winter temp in Kamloops is -10 hehe

Steve

new but handy
04-17-2009, 04:10 AM
Oh I should have said he hates me. He hides whenever I go near the tank, But he stares at my girlfriend all the time. Don't know why... I feed it:neutral:

StirCrazy
04-17-2009, 04:12 AM
Yes the sun does go down in westsyde first but it has very little wind and that is nice also. batch hills is also a nice place with old and new houses. I have owned a roofing co. in kamloops for 19 years so i know alot of places, tell me what you want and i will tell you where to buy it.

well so far the areas we have narrowed it down to are, Barnhartvale, campbell creek, dallas, westsyde, rayleigh, and Heffley there are houses in each aera the wife will be looking at over the next couple weeks so the junk is weeded out befor I come out. A roofing company eh... I'll remember that incase I need a new roof on what ever I buy. how much more is a metal roof than shingles?

Steve

todd516
04-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Keep feeding him! He is almost meal size for your family.

new but handy
04-17-2009, 04:24 AM
You are right about the humidity factor. The temp is not bad it's only that cold for about 2 weeks in the end of jan, beginning of feb

todd516
04-17-2009, 04:29 AM
So here are the results: barnhartvale has steep roads but some of the places are very nice and some are not. Camble creek is nice,close to the zoo and close to the highway to get into town 15 min. Dallis is also very nice and also close to the main road. westsyde is nice but the road is 60km and alot of cops so longer to get into town. I lived in rayleigh for 10 years and that is a very nice place with great people and also 15 min to town. Heffley is 20+ min to town but even more of country life. If i had to pick i would say 1-rayleigh 2- dallas or westsyde 3- camble creek .