PDA

View Full Version : Feeding BTA

levi1803
02-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Just curious what everyone feeds their BTA, I have had my RBTA for about 2 months, seems to be doing really well, but the only thing I've fed it has been mysis shrimp. I have read about people feeding silversides but have no idea where to get them. Any suggestions?

zazzoo
02-22-2009, 04:23 PM
you can feed it any thing.... i feed mine brine shrimp... then i started to feed it cyclopeez to enhance the red.... then it got too red ... so i started feeding it raw full size shrimp :D.... then it got to big too fast... so i dont feed it anymore :D ... for like 2 months now :D

urbanhellfire
02-22-2009, 04:25 PM
I just started feeding my new BTA and he seems to love anything I have given him. Clams, silversides anything really.

Iam not from Cow town but iam sure there are many places in Calgary that sell many diffrent products.

Iam sure someone will be along in short order to answer your question as to where to find some :mrgreen:

Here is a pic of mine after a meal, now where did my watchman go...:wink:

levi1803
02-22-2009, 04:28 PM
you can feed it any thing.... i feed mine brine shrimp... then i started to feed it cyclopeez to enhance the red.... then it got too red ... so i started feeding it raw full size shrimp :D.... then it got to big too fast... so i dont feed it anymore :D ... for like 2 months now :D

I never heard of feeding cyclopeez to enhance the red, that's kind of cool, is there something natural in the food that makes this happen?

zazzoo
02-22-2009, 04:33 PM
yeah i used to breed true perks .... and i needed to feed them something else besides rotifers... so i feed them cyclopeez.... they turned a nice orange red color..... so i thought i feed their BTA some cyclo too.... it went from brown to red... was kinda neat :D

fishytime
02-23-2009, 01:35 AM
You can find silversides at most lfs....you just may have to dig in the freezer:mrgreen:

levi1803
02-23-2009, 01:55 AM
You can find silversides at most lfs....you just may have to dig in the freezer:mrgreen:

So Doug, are you suggesting that I could might find some silversides in Red Corals freezer is I dig enough?

fragNplug
02-23-2009, 02:28 AM
you might find octopus and even squid if u dig deep enuf, depends how brave u are.

levi1803
02-23-2009, 02:35 AM
you might find octopus and even squid if u dig deep enuf, depends how brave u are.

OK, now I'm getting scared, those fish store freezers kind of freak me out to begin with, you never know what's in there lol

digital-audiophile
02-23-2009, 03:30 AM
I feed mine light :p And whatever the clowns bring back to it. And anyone who has seen my BTA can tell you that I must be doing something right :p

levi1803
02-23-2009, 03:52 AM
I feed mine light :p And whatever the clowns bring back to it. And anyone who has seen my BTA can tell you that I must be doing something right :p

I have heard a lot of people not feeding them at all, I only feed about once a week a little bit of mysis and it seems to be good, all bubbly and good color. Good to know though, thanks :)

:biggrin: