PDA

View Full Version : Coral Mag -

wayner
02-21-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm thinking of subscribing to this mag, anyone get it already?, any comments on it??

Thanks in advance

http://www.coralmagazineus.com/product_p/coral%20cdn.htm

saltynuts
02-21-2009, 03:42 PM
awesome reading.

christyf5
02-21-2009, 05:00 PM
One of the best magazines out there, tons of information, I think I have all of them except one. Sooo happy to see that they're back :biggrin:

mark
02-21-2009, 05:10 PM
I like them, buy at the LFS and when the Cdn Dollar was up near the USD, other magazines and books at single price, looked into a subscription but Cdn was just about twice the US price. Asked them about it and basically got p!ss-off.

Nice to see the price coming down.

randallino
02-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Great magazine, this months main article is on trigger fish.

Snappy
02-21-2009, 08:19 PM
The magazine is great but their service sucks. I am still waiting to find out what is going on with the remainder of my paid subscription from before they discontinued the mag and now brought it out again. They owe me about a years worth and no contact.

o.c.d.
02-22-2009, 01:00 AM
They are probably slow because of the "new company" effect. Eco systems use to convert it from German to English now microcosim has it the the one your looking at it the first one for them to produce. I am happy to say I have a complete set, and I await every issue like a kid at x-mas. You can still order back issues from eco systems. Christyf5 If your looking for say the first 3, well let's just say not any easy find and I'm a determined man and U.K. is expensive. If you need any help feel free to ask me.
Eco systems is also starting up a new reef mag looks cool I ordered. Snappy I was able to take what was owing on my subscription and use it on the new mags subscription. Or you should be able to get your money back but if you paid eco and want the new micro mag probably not possible seeing as it is two different companys your dealing with.

christyf5
02-22-2009, 03:19 AM
No thank goodness I got the first 3. I'm missing the one on pygmy angelfishes, vol 1 number 6. I hope I can just order it off the website or something :biggrin:

Snappy
02-22-2009, 04:34 AM
I am missing #2 on Nano's but have the rest.

o.c.d.
02-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Vol 1 #6 Pygmy angelfishes is an easy one you can still go to Eco- systems for that one http://www.coralmagazine.com/backIssues.htm. How ever Nano, that one cost me around 35.00 but the time I had it in my hands. I searched on E bay found in the U.K. I just checked the seller and she isn't showing any more copies. Might be SOL but I'm sure it's out there somewhere

christyf5
02-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Vol 1 #6 Pygmy angelfishes is an easy one you can still go to Eco- systems for that one http://www.coralmagazine.com/backIssues.htm. How ever Nano, that one cost me around 35.00 but the time I had it in my hands. I searched on E bay found in the U.K. I just checked the seller and she isn't showing any more copies. Might be SOL but I'm sure it's out there somewhere

Awesome, thanks! Man am I ever glad I got that second issue when it came out :razz:

Red Coral Aquariums
02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
On Friday I ordered issues to sell in the store. Greg I asked them about previous subscriptions and was told with proof they would honor them.
Kevin

wayner
03-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Well, I just received my first issue in mail this week and I have to say that this mag blows away all the others out there, very impressed., well written articles & amazing photography.

Here's a link to a website they just got going.

http://www.coralmagazine-us.com/

xtreme
03-20-2009, 04:51 AM
My first issue came on Monday and it was worth the wait. I am also very impressed, glad I subscribed. :biggrin:

ColinD
03-20-2009, 12:28 PM
My first issue came on Monday and it was worth the wait. I am also very impressed, glad I subscribed. :biggrin:

Mine Too!! Very impressed.

Colin

04scoobysti
03-20-2009, 02:56 PM
I have the Nano Issue kicking around somwhere if anyone is interested. Might take me a bit to find as i just moved. Great articles on setting up nanos,fraging, attaching corals and euphyllia if i remember correctly.

Jason McK
03-20-2009, 03:51 PM
I found it was cheeper to get them from OA than to get a subscription.

BTW OA also has all the back issues

J

new but handy
03-21-2009, 02:36 AM
Oa has a ton of them for about $3 a piece, at least they were $3