PDA

View Full Version : Water is very foamy

Treebeard
02-20-2009, 11:19 PM
I treated with Chemiclean on Monday night, did a 20% water change on Wednesday night but the water returning to my sump foams instantly when it enters the sump. Forget about running the skimmer! I also painted the return in the display with black Krylon on Wednesday and let it dry for 24 hours before I put it back in the tank. I have used Chemiclean before but I do not remember it doing this to my water last time.

fishytime
02-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Do you use some sort of water conditioner?

Treebeard
02-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Nope, no water conditioner. I have not been able to run the skimmer since Tuesday. I hope it straightens itself up soon.

Do you use some sort of water conditioner?

Snaz
02-21-2009, 12:24 AM
Epoxies and super glues will overwork a skimmer, done any gluing recently?

o.c.d.
02-21-2009, 12:51 AM
It's the chemi clean, You still have it in the system. I mix extra water, turn off auto top off and rig the skimmer so it will empty into bucket then after it has filled 4 or five buckets over a week of monitored removal the skimmer calms down. More water changes will also help. I did have an extra skimmer cup so I was able to modd it.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii261/mudslingercor/P2060030.jpg

Treebeard
02-21-2009, 01:56 PM
That might also be the problem. I did some gluing on the new return before I painted it. The skimmer seems to be settling down a bit now.

Epoxies and super glues will overwork a skimmer, done any gluing recently?

Treebeard
02-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Nice mod to the skimmer cup! Thanks for posting the pic.

It's the chemi clean, You still have it in the system. I mix extra water, turn off auto top off and rig the skimmer so it will empty into bucket then after it has filled 4 or five buckets over a week of monitored removal the skimmer calms down. More water changes will also help. I did have an extra skimmer cup so I was able to modd it.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii261/mudslingercor/P2060030.jpg