PDA

View Full Version : Should I start again? (ZEO question)

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-20-2009, 01:24 AM
During the tank transfer my ZEO reactor kind of got forgotten today, so its been sitting on the floor and not been running for hours. It does have water in it, keeping the stones wet but they must be cold (ish) by now.

Its going to be a day or two until the new sump is online. In the meantime, I can mix some new saltwater and keep the reactor running but I figure that won't really do much anyways.

Should I just empty the thing out and then start over once the sump is ready with new zeolites?

Pan
02-20-2009, 01:31 AM
During the tank transfer my ZEO reactor kind of got forgotten today, so its been sitting on the floor and not been running for hours. It does have water in it, keeping the stones wet but they must be cold (ish) by now.

Its going to be a day or two until the new sump is online. In the meantime, I can mix some new saltwater and keep the reactor running but I figure that won't really do much anyways.

Should I just empty the thing out and then start over once the sump is ready with new zeolites?
For the price of the cost of the zeo rocks i'd just start over. But post on the zeo forum and ask...but i think they will say start over. But you never know.

Skimmerking
02-20-2009, 01:32 AM
i dont know what to say, are you looking at stopping it and going fresh again or just taking a break from it.

lobsterboy
02-20-2009, 01:34 AM
i would start over. good chance that the bacteria on the zeolites died

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-20-2009, 02:03 AM
i dont know what to say, are you looking at stopping it and going fresh again or just taking a break from it.

No I upgraded tanks but my new sump is not hooked up yet so I can't use the reactor. I just wasn't sure if that meant I needed to get new stones and start over or not but I think I should.

digital-audiophile
02-20-2009, 02:43 AM
I'd use new zeolites but maybe just keep a handful of the old rocks from the bottom of the reactor where they have stayed wet to maybe seed the new batch.

Johnny Reefer
02-20-2009, 04:23 AM
i would start over. Good chance that the bacteria on the zeolites died
+1