PDA

View Full Version : Bad Shrimp

Trabby
02-19-2009, 10:31 PM
:twised: I noticed earlier today that one of my baby ricordeas was gone. I came back to the tank and low and behold our new peppermint shrimp
( patty) is lunching on ricordeas. Has anyone ever had this happen?

Pan
02-19-2009, 10:39 PM
:twised: I noticed earlier today that one of my baby ricordeas was gone. I came back to the tank and low and behold our new peppermint shrimp
( patty) is lunching on ricordeas. Has anyone ever had this happen?
Yep peps eat all kinds of things...

Bugsy
02-19-2009, 10:42 PM
I had a camelback shrimp 5 years ago when i first started in this hobby. I noticed some of my mushrooms were disappearing and found it out to be him. In my honest opinion I would never have a camelback shrimp or peppermint shrimp in my tank with corals. But this is just me and other maybe just fine with them in their tanks.

If it were me i would definalty get rid of him and get yourself a skunk cleaner shrimp...:wink:

Trabby
02-19-2009, 10:55 PM
This is actually the 3rd shrimp we have had. This guy is outta here asap!!! Our first shrimp was a Pep and he was great! until we had a heater malfunction which turned him into shrimp cocktail. Our second shrimp was a skunk cleaner, he seemed to have acclimatized well but less than an hour in the tank he was rolled and killed by my two nassarius snails. Unfortunately this guy is gonna be a jerk ......... where are the nassarius snails when I need them LOL I dont think I like shrimp for anything other than eating at this point.

tang daddy
02-19-2009, 11:12 PM
I love shrimp, why don't you try a fire shrimp they don't ouch corals!!

spanky
02-19-2009, 11:30 PM
My peppermint shrimp ate all of my teal green zoas, about 30 of them. But left the pink ones on the same rock alone. I put him in the sump and he somehow managed to get to the return pump and was chopped up blown into the tank and was eaten by everyone......im guessing thats karma. :lol:

Trabby
02-19-2009, 11:43 PM
My peppermint shrimp ate all of my teal green zoas, about 30 of them. But left the pink ones on the same rock alone. I put him in the sump and he somehow managed to get to the return pump and was chopped up blown into the tank and was eaten by everyone......im guessing thats karma. :lol:

Lmao:lol:

bignose
02-20-2009, 12:10 AM
lol I can't help myself. Too funny!!

Rippin
02-20-2009, 01:01 AM
Interesting. I've never had peppermint or skunk shrimp consume any of my corals, but they will pick at dying or rotting flesh on corals, and will steal food from the coral's mouth.

They were interesting to watch when I first started out in reefing but that quickly went away and now I really don't see the need to keep them in coral aquariums. Hermits and snails are great reef custodians.

Trabby
02-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Any tips on catching this savage beast!!! He is relentless, and on a nocturnal rampage!! He is going down!!!!!!!My poor ricordeas:sad:

Trabby
02-20-2009, 05:38 PM
I got him!!!! Little bugger is actually quite smart.It took awhile but I managed to trap him, got him out of there, and put an end to the buffet.:mrgreen:

Whatigot
02-20-2009, 06:14 PM
I would have used a ricordia baited trap:surprise: