PDA

View Full Version : 2'' majestic (Vancouver)

reefy
02-19-2009, 05:48 AM
I have a 2'' majestic(hard to get this size and its really nice one) bought from king ed 2 weeks ago for 139.99 plus tax asking for on HOLD$ eating mysis shrimp. currently quaranteeing on my 29 reef with candycane, zenia, brains, plates, ect not nipping at all.

Leah
02-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Why are you selling him? Why can't I live closer to all the cool stuff I could move if it
weren't for all this damn salt water I have kickin around. Hey, you wouldn't be coming
to the Okanagan would you? Ha

reefy
02-19-2009, 12:37 PM
I cant put it on my 90g because I have a powder blue in there so I am quarateeing him to be in perfect shape when I transfer him back. and no I dont think I will be out there (okanagan) for a while

Leah
02-19-2009, 02:49 PM
What would the powder blue do? And that is a bummer!

reefy
02-19-2009, 03:23 PM
What would the powder blue do? And that is a bummer!

what would he do? ha, hes has a 1 degree murder background, he killed 3 of my fav fish, hes the king of the tank at the moment.

my2rotties
02-19-2009, 03:58 PM
I would be selling him and keeping the Majestic. I have a little one, and she is a most delightful fish. She was 2" on boxing day and is about 3" now, healthy and happy, with no nipping habits just yet.

reefy
02-20-2009, 03:23 PM
I would be selling him and keeping the Majestic. I have a little one, and she is a most delightful fish. She was 2" on boxing day and is about 3" now, healthy and happy, with no nipping habits just yet.

yes dude, if you can catch it I will give it to you for free.

dsaundry
02-20-2009, 04:03 PM
yes dude, if you can catch it I will give it to you for free
Hmm, sounds like a challenge:lol:

reefy
02-22-2009, 10:55 AM
is IN i couldnt resist on putting into my 90g, crossed finger that my pb wont kill him...

reefy
02-23-2009, 03:29 PM
I had to take him out of my 90G because hes getting beat up by my Powder Blue. so yep up for sale again [B]80oboB]

my2rotties
02-23-2009, 03:51 PM
When I brought my baby Majestic and Sailfin tangs home, my Emperor angel was beating them silly. Then my female Naso tang pinned him on a rock and I thought she was going to gut him. If fish start getting nasty she steps in pronto.

I would try to trap the powder blue and replace him with a naso... from all accounts I have read about nasos, they all seem to be peace keepers. I know tangs need lots of space and perhaps your PB has gotten too big to have enough space. Mind you a Naso would outgrow your tank as well. I know from what others say tangs should be in huge tanks, but what do I know... I would keep the peaceful fish and remove the bully. The Majestic angels are awesome fish I think you might regret not keeping yours in the end.

I would do the challenge and give the PB to someone whom can trap him and catch him. You will enjoy the angel much more.

How big is the PB?

I had to take him out of my 90G because hes getting beat up by my Powder Blue. so yep up for sale again [B]80oboB]

reefy
02-23-2009, 03:56 PM
2 and half inches lol... small enough to the king of my tank.

tang daddy
02-23-2009, 04:36 PM
fish your pb out, I've learned now that traps are a thing of the old go back to the basics and use a line with a tiny barbless hook and fish the guy out.

reefy
02-23-2009, 04:39 PM
fish your pb out, I've learned now that traps are a thing of the old go back to the basics and use a line with a tiny barbless hook and fish the guy out.

I dont want to kill him neither

tang daddy
02-23-2009, 04:44 PM
how would the fish die?

it's like if you were to pierce your lip......gosh I didn't say hit your fish with a bat!!

my2rotties
02-23-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't know about traps being the thing of the old. Any person that has used one seems to be very lucky with them. I guess everyone wants you to keep the angel:razz: Give him ten minutes with my naso, she will tune him in... She will not tolerate bullies and makes my tank a happy and peaceful place. It's quite remarkable to be honest.

reefy
02-24-2009, 10:59 AM
crap its 4:00am in the mourning I finally manage to catch my powder blue out of my tank, I had to catch him when hes sleeping, I used clothe hanger to poke him out of his cave and used the net and catch him out EASY haha yeah right, I hope my majestic will make it tho.

my2rotties
02-24-2009, 04:48 PM
I can't believe you caught him!!! So what are going to do with him now? I'm sure someone in your neck of the woods will give him a good home...

reefy
02-24-2009, 05:03 PM
I have him on my 29gal at the moment I am planning to keep him there for a while till my majestic get use to my tank and put my pb back to the main tank what do you guys think?

my2rotties
02-24-2009, 08:34 PM
I have heard people put their bad tempered fish in a penalty bx for a few weeks and had luck with it. I have never done so myself though. I think this is a question that deserves and exclusive post since I'm sure people have varying opinions on it.

I have him on my 29gal at the moment I am planning to keep him there for a while till my majestic get use to my tank and put my pb back to the main tank what do you guys think?