02-19-2009, 04:57 AM
That's a beautiful trigger! Congrats

Pan
02-19-2009, 05:34 AM
That's a beautiful trigger! Congrats
Ditto!

Delphinus
02-19-2009, 05:53 AM
Is that the same as a .. Ok let me try to get this right .. a Humuhumunukunukuapua'a?

my2rotties
02-19-2009, 06:03 AM
Be is awesome! Looks like a flashy Picasso or what Tony said. You will live this fish if he's anything like mine. Always busy hauling sand around in his mouth building heck knows what.:lol:

Keri
02-19-2009, 06:25 AM
Is that the same as a .. Ok let me try to get this right .. a Humuhumunukunukuapua'a?

No, it's a bursabursabursamunukuapua'a :fish:

(Yeah i know I'm the only one who's going to laugh at that) :lol:

Nice fish :)

Lance
02-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Nice looking fish Laurie. How big is he?

Mrfish55
02-19-2009, 01:40 PM

Geeze Lance, you must be a fishaholic, I mean really, who surfs fish forums at 6 in the morning?

fishoholic
02-19-2009, 02:31 PM

:noidea: Come again?

No, it's a bursabursabursamunukuapua'a :fish:

(Yeah i know I'm the only one who's going to laugh at that) :lol:

Nice fish :)

:lol: (you're not the only one) Thanks

Be is awesome! Looks like a flashy Picasso or what Tony said. You will live this fish if he's anything like mine. Always busy hauling sand around in his mouth building heck knows what.:lol:

Ya, I noticed that he carries sand around in his mouth.

Not very big yet, he's about 2". He's also pretty shy so far. Whenever we feed the tank he runs and hides but once I walk way he's out looking for whatever is left of the mysis that the other fish didn't eat yet.

digital-audiophile
02-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Nice lloking fish. Are his fins a little ich'y? (is that even a real word :p)

Trigger Man
02-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Looks like the fins are a little icky but triggers are a strong bunch, I give it a week and there will be no more visible sympthoms. Nice looking fish by the way.

fishoholic
02-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Nice lloking fish. Are his fins a little ich'y? (is that even a real word :p)

Ya, he might have a bit of ich. My other fish (other then my puffer) seem to be somewhat immune to any ich in my tank, but since he's new he might of got some. Hopefully as he gets used to the tank etc. the ich will go away.

fishoholic
02-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Looks like the fins are a little icky but triggers are a strong bunch, I give it a week and there will be no more visible sympthoms. Nice looking fish by the way.

Ya that's what I'm hoping.

Lance
02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Geeze Lance, you must be a fishaholic, I mean really, who surfs fish forums at 6 in the morning?

Yup, I like my fish. Was just having my morning coffee before I headed out to work.

Lance
02-19-2009, 10:30 PM

And I see you were on here at 6:40 am. :wink:

Skimmerking
02-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Laurie sexy fish love it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh LOOK AT THE BIG BABY

EmilyB
02-20-2009, 04:53 AM
Congrats ! You have a Black Blotch Trigger (Rhinecanthus verrucosus) like my Trig-no-Metric Functions...he is 11...lol

Commonly confused and misnamed the Bursa, however the true Bursa trigger is the Sufflamen bursa

http://www.austmus.gov.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/sbursa.htm

Nihoa
02-20-2009, 06:10 PM
so the ick was from your tank or your fish came like that? how do you decide what fish you will add to an icked tank and what not to?

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Ya, he might have a bit of ich. My other fish (other then my puffer) seem to be somewhat immune to any ich in my tank, but since he's new he might of got some. Hopefully as he gets used to the tank etc. the ich will go away.

Thats how my tank works. New fish come in, always get ich and then fight it off in a week or two with good feedings and water quality. Usually takes about 2-3 rounds of fighting off ich before all signs are gone.

Nice fish BTW!

fishoholic
02-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Congrats ! You have a Black Blotch Trigger (Rhinecanthus verrucosus) like my Trig-no-Metric Functions...he is 11...lol

Commonly confused and misnamed the Bursa, however the true Bursa trigger is the Sufflamen bursa

http://www.austmus.gov.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/sbursa.htm

That's odd I can't find any pictures on the internet of a black blotch trigger, but when I type in bursa trigger the same type of trigger I bought, image shows up.

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=bursa+trigger&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Not all of them match of course, but most of them are the same. :confused:

Lance
02-21-2009, 03:01 AM
That's odd I can't find any pictures on the internet of a black blotch trigger, but when I type in bursa trigger the same type of trigger I bought, image shows up.

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=bursa+trigger&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Not all of them match of course, but most of them are the same. :confused:

Laurie: Google Rhinecanthus verrucosus. There are several sites on this fish. Common name: Black Patch Trigger.

my2rotties
02-21-2009, 04:12 AM
Has he settled in yet? Mine is a clown of the tank, he competes with Griffie for food which gets Griffie upset. I am watching him dig whatever he has been building since he came home quite awhile ago. I think he has a magical rock, much like the Chronicles of Narnia, where he goes into another world. I had no clue I had so much sand since there are huge piles around the rock that he has removed.

I think the chattering and clicking is the best thing. I had my Canreef buddy over yesterday and he even thought the noises were a chattering powerhead:mrgreen:

You will have no buyers remorse on your Trigger. I wish I could have a clown Trigger now... they are awesome but I don't want fighting.

fishoholic
02-21-2009, 04:41 AM
Laurie: Google Rhinecanthus verrucosus. There are several sites on this fish. Common name: Black Patch Trigger.

Well why didn't I try that in the first place :lol:

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=Rhinecanthus+verrucosus&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=jpOfSb7_JYiiNduN_doL&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

sure enough....

fishoholic
02-21-2009, 04:51 AM
so the ick was from your tank or your fish came like that? how do you decide what fish you will add to an icked tank and what not to?

There is ich in my tank. Most saltwater tanks have ich in their tanks but usually the fish are healthy enough and the water is maintained properly so you may never see any signs of it. Puffers are bad to add to a tank with ich, since they are scaleless they can catch ich very easily and they will not be able to get rid of the ich on their own. If you start off with a healthy saltwater fish most of them should be able to fight off any signs of ich within a few weeks.

Thats how my tank works. New fish come in, always get ich and then fight it off in a week or two with good feedings and water quality. Usually takes about 2-3 rounds of fighting off ich before all signs are gone.

Nice fish BTW!

Thanks and yes that is how it works.

Laurie sexy fish love it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh LOOK AT THE BIG BABY

I thought you might, I have to say he's pretty cool.

fishoholic
02-21-2009, 04:59 AM
Has he settled in yet? Mine is a clown of the tank, he competes with Griffie for food which gets Griffie upset. I am watching him dig whatever he has been building since he came home quite awhile ago. I think he has a magical rock, much like the Chronicles of Narnia, where he goes into another world. I had no clue I had so much sand since there are huge piles around the rock that he has removed.

I think the chattering and clicking is the best thing. I had my Canreef buddy over yesterday and he even thought the noises were a chattering powerhead:mrgreen:

You will have no buyers remorse on your Trigger. I wish I could have a clown Trigger now... they are awesome but I don't want fighting.

Mine hasn't made any chattering/clicking noises yet... but I will listen for it. He does like to move the sand around, and he to has a special rock spot, which ironically is right behind my puffer Simon's sleeping spot! He is swimming out in the open more and he no longer runs and hides when I look at him. He has also realized that if he wants food he has to come out and get it, which is good because he will now come out and eat. So far I am very happy with him. I wanted a trigger and I'm glad I got him. :Banane44:

my2rotties
02-21-2009, 11:26 PM
So does he have a name yet?:lol:

Mine hasn't made any chattering/clicking noises yet... but I will listen for it. He does like to move the sand around, and he to has a special rock spot, which ironically is right behind my puffer Simon's sleeping spot! He is swimming out in the open more and he no longer runs and hides when I look at him. He has also realized that if he wants food he has to come out and get it, which is good because he will now come out and eat. So far I am very happy with him. I wanted a trigger and I'm glad I got him. :Banane44: