PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Bergia

langdon reefer
02-18-2009, 03:10 AM
Hello Everyone
Once again as you can see i am looking for bergia (sp?) anyone have any ideas?

:redface:

i have crabs
02-18-2009, 03:59 AM
i wouldnt mind tryin a couple also but havnt heard too much positive results due to the shipping issues

langdon reefer
02-18-2009, 04:26 AM
ive heard that but my tank is to deep for me to inject so i can kiLl aptasia (SP?) higher up but the ones down below make more:twised:

i wouldnt mind tryin a couple also but havnt heard too much positive results due to the shipping issues

tlo
02-18-2009, 05:16 AM
I have had really positive results with Berghia nudibranchs. They did a really good job at keeping the aiptasia under control and getting inbetween the zoo poyps where it is hard to treat etc. YOu do need a fair number though before you notice a difference. Unfortunatley I lost mine when I moved :(. I would like to get more too, but now that coralscaping is gone, I reallly don't know where to find them.

fencer
02-18-2009, 05:53 AM
Holy C**P when did they closedown?

0sprey
02-19-2009, 02:55 AM
http://www.berghia.net/marketprice.html
^These guys ship to Canada, but they're severely backordered. I ordered some at the beginning of Jan, and still haven't gotten a shipping date back from them. Salty Underground has stopped shipping to Canada and recommended them (In fact, the people there said that this was the only company they'd recommend).

langdon reefer
02-19-2009, 03:49 AM
you will have to let me know how it goes when you get them how mant did you order?

^These guys ship to Canada, but they're severely backordered. I ordered some at the beginning of Jan, and still haven't gotten a shipping date back from them. Salty Underground has stopped shipping to Canada and recommended them (In fact, the people there said that this was the only company they'd recommend).

don.ald
02-19-2009, 03:59 AM
I have had really positive results with Berghia nudibranchs. They did a really good job at keeping the aiptasia under control and getting inbetween the zoo poyps where it is hard to treat etc. YOu do need a fair number though before you notice a difference. Unfortunatley I lost mine when I moved :(. I would like to get more too, but now that coralscaping is gone, I reallly don't know where to find them.

how many did u have for what size system?
thanks

0sprey
02-19-2009, 05:46 PM
I ordered 3 "Trio-Pack"s for my 120... so 10 in total, because they come with a bonus juvenile. I'll let you know how the shipment works out when it comes in. ;)

tlo
02-19-2009, 08:49 PM
how many did u have for what size system?
thanks

I had a VERY HEAVILY infested tank. I put 30 in my 120 gallon. They were doing a marvelous job, and I noticed a difference in a matter of a few weeks.

urbanhellfire
02-19-2009, 10:12 PM
When I first put in two pep shrimps I noticed a few larger apistasia (sp?) had vanished over night and I thought right on there gona clean up the few I have, but when they realized they could pick up scraps of clam or silverside they stopped eating the apistasia (sp?)

Cant blame them I would stop as well.
It would be nice to find a local supplier for Bergia. :sad:

langdon reefer
02-20-2009, 04:05 AM
if not local at least canidian...lol

When I first put in two pep shrimps I noticed a few larger apistasia (sp?) had vanished over night and I thought right on there gona clean up the few I have, but when they realized they could pick up scraps of clam or silverside they stopped eating the apistasia (sp?)

Cant blame them I would stop as well.
It would be nice to find a local supplier for Bergia. :sad:

loveless
02-20-2009, 01:30 PM
if not local at least canidian...lol
I agree. I am in the process of aptaisia heaven myself and could go for bunch of bergia's.

achilles101
02-20-2009, 06:59 PM
fragalot was selling a little while ago.

0sprey
04-25-2009, 11:48 PM
About time I updated everyone on how the purchase worked out... sorry for taking so long.
As the site mentions, they're backordered by about eight weeks. It's an accurate prediction, too... we got an email stating that they were shipping the Bergs almost exactly two months after ordering. No crazy, out-of-the blue shipping costs, either; everything was up front.
Our nudibranchs arrived in good condition, better coloured than the ones I ordered from Salty Underground for my last tank. (brown is healthy, white is starving to death). They disappeared into my tank; it took me a little while to be sure, but the aipstasia population is unquestionably declining, particularly in the area I first released them. Probably, given the size of the tank (120g), I should have ordered a few more, but nine adults plus the bonus juvenile seems to have been enough to breed and continue taking down the aiptasia population. I expect to be completely aiptasia free in another month or two.
Here's the site again, for those who are wondering why this necrotic thread suddenly came back to life: