PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

vks
02-17-2009, 04:22 PM
I just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone.
I am new on this site and new to the Marine Tank world, I have a 92 Gallon tank still getting established, done a lot research and been pretty sucessful thus far.
In my live rock had a nice surprise when I found a banded coral shrimp as a hitchiker, lots of those un-wanted Apstasias too though.
Anyway if anyone has any advice to pass out i'm all ears and always willing to share stories.

Rbacchiega
02-17-2009, 04:33 PM
good score with the coral banded. Hopefully it pulls through the cycle.

There's a great product for removing apista called "Joe's Juice"

andestang
02-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Welcome aboard :Banane48: Can't wait for your progress. One word of advise get rid of those Apstasias, but I'm sure you heard/know that already.

mseepman
02-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Welcome aboard!!

Joe's juice, or Tailored aquatics aptaisia killer both work well. Once your cycle is done a Peppermint shrimp is a natural way to take care of them too, but they won't tackle them if they get too big.

digital-audiophile
02-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Joes juice seems to be tough to find these days, something about bringing it over the border from the US. The tailored aquatics stuff works really well though. Get them zapped right away before the tank gets too full and they are hard to get at. They spread like weeds!

What are your plans for stocking the tank?

Trigger Man
02-17-2009, 07:21 PM
I agree get rid of them before they become a bit pain. Also welcome aboard.

my2rotties
02-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Welcome!!! You have found a place where people are so very helpful in your quest for aquarium... I never knew such wonderful people were left in this world until I joined Canreef. Some of the people I have met have become very good personal friends, and others have gone above and beyond what most other would do to help in emergencies.

You will also find that you have spent way more money then you ever needed to, when you find out about where to shop and see the items for sale.

You are in good hands!!!

MikeP
02-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Welcome to Canreef, you should post some pics of your set up or start a tank journal thread for us to see.

spanky
02-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Welcome! Always happy to see new people at Canreef cheers! :drinking:

Chowder
02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Welcome to Canreef.

Leila
02-18-2009, 12:21 AM
I am new to the tank world and have been looking at all the great advise, man, i know nothing!! I will keep learning I hope. I have a 125 gallon tank and have not lost a fish yet, amazing with my lack of eperience really...

Leila
02-18-2009, 12:25 AM
Thanks, gee great spelling I have going on with the other post I had, I am quite new to the blog world...:redface:

vks
02-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Thanks all for the great advice, I will definitely get some pictures up here this week for everyone to see.
Im not exactly sure how i plan to stock the tank yet, I had my heart set on sea horses but apparently they dont mix well with many fish, so I will be keeping my options open for now, maybe start with a clown or 2.