PDA

View Full Version : My ATI SunPower is Here

Canadian
02-17-2009, 05:08 AM
My 6x24W ATI SunPower fixture has arrived. It is working flawlessly right out of the box - no need to fix any loose connections, trouble shoot malfunctioning "add-ons" or any other such irritations. It looks great and is a sweet little "basic" fixture that appears to run flawlessly. I'm not setting it up over the tank until I set up my new tank (hopefully by the second week of March) but I'll try to take some pics some time soon for those who are interested.

Trigger Man
02-17-2009, 05:20 AM
I was looking into them, where did you pick it up at? How much was shipping and how long did you wait to get it from the time you ordered?

lastlight
02-17-2009, 06:00 AM
Smart move on ATI's part with these. Be much easier to keep up with demand building these new lights. Looking forward to pictures.

Canadian
02-17-2009, 03:10 PM
I was looking into them, where did you pick it up at? How much was shipping and how long did you wait to get it from the time you ordered?

I was on the pre-order from Reef Geek since early December. The first shipment arrived in North America 2 weeks ago and mine took 1 week to get here from Reef Geek in California. Shipping was $40 and then there are your obligatory taxes, duty, and brokerage with UPS and of course the exchange rate. All said and done my 6 x 24W fixture was $701.37. Obviously a better exchange rate would have improved the price. But even then I think the price point of this fixture is as close to perfect as it gets for an actively cooled fixture from a company with a great reputation for high output T5 fixtures. I don't think I'd pay more for the Powermodule or another brand of fixture with other luxuries beyond what this fixture offers.

Smart move on ATI's part with these. Be much easier to keep up with demand building these new lights. Looking forward to pictures.

As I mentioned above I think the price point of this fixture is bang on and the ability to keep up with demand by easing construction is going to make this fixture a huge hit. Here's a link to some pictures posted on Reef Builders (I'll take pics of mine over the next day or two but I've put it back in the box to keep from damaging it while I wait to set up the new tank):

http://www.reefbuilders.com/page/4/

And the pictures from that site:

http://www.reefbuilders.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ati-sunpower-t5.jpg

http://www.reefbuilders.com/wp-content/gallery/ati-sunpower-t5-lighting-system/ati-sunpower-t5-2.jpg

lastlight
02-17-2009, 04:00 PM
That's going to be a hit if it performs like the powermodule. It still looks pretty darn nice too. Looks much lighter than their other fixtures.

fkshiu
02-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Sweeet! Finally, big time t5 lighting for smaller tanks.

buddyreefer
08-03-2009, 11:16 PM
canadian do you get enough coverage with the 6 bulb over your 24 deep tank? i really want one also but seems like the fixture is only 13.4 inches wide

Snappy
08-03-2009, 11:22 PM
That looks great. I wish I had taken the advise I was given and gone with ATI for my T5 fixtures. 3x the money but like anything you get what you pay for.

Canadian
08-04-2009, 01:27 AM
canadian do you get enough coverage with the 6 bulb over your 24 deep tank? i really want one also but seems like the fixture is only 13.4 inches wide

My tank is only 24 x 24 x 20 and with my preference for aquascaping (minimal LR) my LR structure is only about 16 x 16 x 10 and then the corals add to that. So the SunPower covers my reef structure quite readily.

Here's a pretty poor quality pic of my reef right now. While being out of focus it accurately represents how bright the tank is and the color. Don't mind the frags on the bottom of the tank - I'm culling corals that aren't growing well, aren't coloring up nicely, or those I just don't like and giving some a chance higher up before I ditch them too.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv223/argrant/aquarium1.jpg?t=1249349135

buddyreefer
08-04-2009, 02:44 AM
wow looks like you don't have much shading in the front or back of the tank, think i might be placing an order for the 3ft sunpower fixture! scary going from mh to t5 just hope these fixtures can provide enough par for lps on the sand bed!

buddyreefer
09-27-2009, 04:22 AM
any updates on your tank canadian?

dreef
09-27-2009, 05:42 AM
There will bo no problems at all with
lps,on the bottom.My tank is 20 deep,and i have lobo brains,open brains,galaxy,right on bare bottom.

Canadian
09-29-2009, 02:29 AM
any updates on your tank canadian?

Not much. I've tidied up the bottom and culled a few corals. Unfortunately, I kinda let things slide and my husbandry was pretty much non-existent in the time leading up to our wedding, around our wedding and after our wedding with the honeymoon (so around 2 months) and I'm consequently dealing with some hair algae. So I'm now looking for a sea hare and will probably end up trying to find one in Vancouver when I'm over this weekend (hopefully J&L or OceanAquatics have some).