PDA

View Full Version : Large porcupine puffer

my2rotties
02-15-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm very sad to do this since I truely love this guy. Price doesn't matter just a big tank and loving home. Gryphon swims into by hand and loves his belly rubs. Unfortunalty he will eat anything he can fit into his big mouth and I cannot keep him anymore. He is big and healthy but does need proper food. I make him home made pufferchow and want him to continue with his diet.

He gets along with all tank mates as long as he can't them. He has loads of personality and makes me laugh all the time. Only people whom understand puffers and their needs will be considered. Pictures of Griff can me seen in my photobucket.

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Oh man this is really too bad...I hope he gets a home as big as your tank :( Im really surprised your letting him go!

Trigger Man
02-15-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm in shock to hear that you are going to be letting Griphon go, I know how attached you have been to him. I hope you find great buyer for him.

my2rotties
02-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Well... I'm not letting him go unless he gets what I have for his requirements. I figured I would put it out there and see if there is anyone that could give him a home. If there is someone out there as crazy as I am, with a big tank and a love for puffers, maybe it would be a match. You don't know until you try.

I am not giving up on him by all means... However I am giving someone else a chance to get my buddy if they meet the requirements.

I love Griffie very much and this was not an easy choice to make.

Skimmerking
02-16-2009, 01:05 AM
So why are you getting rid of him if you love him so much, if you dont mind me asking

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-16-2009, 01:57 AM
So why are you getting rid of him if you love him so much, if you dont mind me asking

Thats kind of what I was getting at :)

There must be something else in the tank you love more...

I was just very surprised by this.

my2rotties
02-16-2009, 03:00 AM
I have seen countless fish go up for sale on these forums. I can say that never once, have I seen a person have to answer to anyone for the reasons behind the sale.

I have my reasons and anyone whom is interested in giving Griff a good home can ask me the reasons in a PM. Anyone else whom has a problem with what I have decided after all the thought and consideration I have put into this, can do it privately as well.

I feel bad enough as it is already and don't need to have rehash my reasons to everyone. I know my reasons and my husband's reasons for going ahead with doing this if the right home comes along. This was a difficult thing to decide and perhaps I should have done it the easy way and brought him back to the LFS instead of caring enough to post here.

I have never seen anyone else get this type of treatment over wanting to rehome a fish.

Skimmerking
02-16-2009, 03:10 AM
:lol: yes Im freaking out on you for getting rid of the fish grow up , you are killing me here, I was merely asking why you were getting rid of your puffer. Maybe the fish was getting bullied around I dont know, and since you care about the fish that is why .
THAT IS IT, WOW, pardon me for asking you a question about your so called favorite fish....

WHATEVER.

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-16-2009, 03:24 AM
Wrote a long response and then felt it was not appropriate to post publicly.

Perhaps you should go back and read some of your threads/posts about this fish and then think about why people may be CURIOUS why you suddenly are giving him away. If you still have all the Pm's you sent me, read those.

No one is telling you not to give him away, I think after seeing the passion (and love) you had for this fish, people are just very curious as to why he is now going to a new home. Something obviously changed and perhaps its none of our business but many people did follow your threads about Griff and did care.

I really hope you find him a nice big home.

I have seen countless fish go up for sale on these forums. I can say that never once, have I seen a person have to answer to anyone for the reasons behind the sale.

I have my reasons and anyone whom is interested in giving Griff a good home can ask me the reasons in a PM. Anyone else whom has a problem with what I have decided after all the thought and consideration I have put into this, can do it privately as well.

I feel bad enough as it is already and don't need to have rehash my reasons to everyone. I know my reasons and my husband's reasons for going ahead with doing this if the right home comes along. This was a difficult thing to decide and perhaps I should have done it the easy way and brought him back to the LFS instead of caring enough to post here.

I have never seen anyone else get this type of treatment over wanting to rehome a fish.

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-16-2009, 03:24 AM
:lol: yes Im freaking out on you for getting rid of the fish grow up , you are killing me here, I was merely asking why you were getting rid of your puffer. Maybe the fish was getting bullied around I dont know, and since you care about the fish that is why .
THAT IS IT, WOW, pardon me for asking you a question about your so called favorite fish....

WHATEVER.

Ha! We were writing at the same time...you just say things a little more directly ;)

Skimmerking
02-16-2009, 03:38 AM
my2rotties pm me after to explain, and i wrote to her back explaining my thoughts on why people should mind there own business. but talked to her in a more nicer way i guess.

Yes I do come out very direct to people, i guess that is my flaw. but I dont liked to be challanged and i know that is not what she meant , I feel for her I know what it is like to give away or get rid of something that you love alot or like very much.

Ask DOug on here im very outspoken he shakes his head some times,
ay ways its taken care of I hope she finds him a great home, for the record I couldnt find anything about Griff I think that i know he came from a LFS right

my2rotties
02-16-2009, 05:08 AM
I'm a big girl and can handle to heat... This is just a very hard choice to make, and it is due to the welfare of the other dozen fish that reside in the tank with Gryphon. Everything has always been for him, but now he is affecting the other fishes health and I have to do this. I have done my very best for Griff and wish I could set up a tank just for him alone. I just cannot afford this at this point in time.

I will try one more time for him but doubt things will change. It's not his fault he was caught at a mature age and it's not his fault he eats my clean up crew and anything beneficial to the well being of my other fish. This was brutally hard for me to even post that he is available and it did it with teary eyes. I am not a horrible person.

my2rotties pm me after to explain, and i wrote to her back explaining my thoughts on why people should mind there own business. but talked to her in a more nicer way i guess.

Yes I do come out very direct to people, i guess that is my flaw. but I dont liked to be challanged and i know that is not what she meant , I feel for her I know what it is like to give away or get rid of something that you love alot or like very much.

Ask DOug on here im very outspoken he shakes his head some times,
ay ways its taken care of I hope she finds him a great home, for the record I couldnt find anything about Griff I think that i know he came from a LFS right

fishoholic
02-16-2009, 05:15 AM
I'm a big girl and can handle to heat... This is just a very hard choice to make, and it is due to the welfare of the other dozen fish that reside in the tank with Gryphon. Everything has always been for him, but now he is affecting the other fishes health and I have to do this. I have done my very best for Griff and wish I could set up a tank just for him alone. I just cannot afford this at this point in time.

I will try one more time for him but doubt things will change. It's not his fault he was caught at a mature age and it's not his fault he eats my clean up crew and anything beneficial to the well being of my other fish. This was brutally hard for me to even post that he is available and it did it with teary eyes. I am not a horrible person.

Of course you're not a horrible person! There is a time that comes, were even if you don't like it, you have to look at the big picture and make some decisions as to what is best for everyone. People were just surprised and curious.

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-16-2009, 05:36 AM
Of course you're not a horrible person! There is a time that comes, were even if you don't like it, you have to look at the big picture and make some decisions as to what is best for everyone. People were just surprised and curious.

Yeah I don't think anyone thinks your horrible at all!

I think most thought you were kind of building a puffer tank around this guy since he was one of the first additions. I get the feeling you have ended up with a reef and realized he just won't fit in. Too bad but that just how things go sometimes. People change their mind all the time about their tanks...I know I have many times.

Skimmerking
02-16-2009, 03:14 PM
What about Laurie you have a huge tank right wouldnt griff do good in that 280 gal with the othe guy.

my2rotties
02-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Two puffers will kill each other.

What about Laurie you have a huge tank right wouldnt griff do good in that 280 gal with the othe guy.

Nate
02-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Oh the drama of canreef, let's just let her sell her fish!

fishoholic
02-16-2009, 11:05 PM

Two puffers will kill each other.

Sorry Mike she's right, two of the same puffers in the same tank will fight to the death. BTW it's a 230g not a 280g. Also one puffer is more then enough for us :biggrin:

Trigger Man
02-17-2009, 03:15 AM
I was not posting because I thought you were a horrible person, from what I've seen from your posts on here you are a great caring person, and anyone looking for a nice puffer would be lucky to have a chance to get one from you (cause we all know how good you take care of your fish, hell if I had the tank for a puffer I wouldn't even think twice) We have all had fish that we really loved (I had a few fish I really loved when I was doing a fowlr tank that I said I would never let go), yet in the end I ended up giving them up because my plans changed and as you can tell by my sig. I have now become a coral addict.

my2rotties
02-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Oh come on!!! You need another one in the other tank, the fish store guy told me they are reef safe.:lol:

Sorry Mike she's right, two of the same puffers in the same tank will fight to the death. BTW it's a 230g not a 280g. Also one puffer is more then enough for us :biggrin:

my2rotties
02-17-2009, 05:58 AM
I know you weren't posting because I am a horrible person, I just feel like I am. I have tried my best to make him work. Sadly he is not the only that will be looking for a new home soon... My big EDmperor angel and Banana Wrasse (if I catch him) will be next.

I was not posting because I thought you were a horrible person, from what I've seen from your posts on here you are a great caring person, and anyone looking for a nice puffer would be lucky to have a chance to get one from you (cause we all know how good you take care of your fish, hell if I had the tank for a puffer I wouldn't even think twice) We have all had fish that we really loved (I had a few fish I really loved when I was doing a fowlr tank that I said I would never let go), yet in the end I ended up giving them up because my plans changed and as you can tell by my sig. I have now become a coral addict.