PDA

View Full Version : Transport Question

Trabby
02-15-2009, 02:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We decided on the spur of the moment to take a run to Medicine Hat to stay and waterslide for the night,. I phoned the pet store and they had a large shipment of coral come in yesterday, only thing is they are having a big sale on freshwater for the weekend and she wasnt sure what would be left by Monday. If we kept them in a cooler in their bags do you think they would be good for 24 hrs? If so then we could grab them today we get there, rather than waiting till monday. Would they need heat packs?

Leah
02-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Will you be keeping them in a hotel room? Iam no expert but I think that it wouldn't be
terrible they usually ship from where they have originated from for at least that long.
I maybe get them to put them in large bags for you and yes heat packs. I would do it
personally. But maybe others would not agree good-luck what ever you decide.

Madreefer
02-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Explain your situation to the store your making your purchase from. Any good store will know what to do. They should have shipping coolers and heat packs on hand. I have had great results with transporting fish and corals for at least 24hrs with no problems if packaged good.

Skimmerking
02-15-2009, 02:47 PM
I think that if she was just getting in corals, i would wait unless you are very experince in keeping corals as soon as they are taking out of transit. may be you are. i only do it unless its going straight home to my tank. Since you are staying at a hotel. and dont have the proper tanking place to hosue the corals the will be sitting in the bags after being shipped to thier pet store and then taken out right away jsutto sit in the bags over night.

I would do it unless you have a spare 10 gal that you could take with some water and a power head and a heater. Then once you get the corals to your place at the hotel you would acclimatize them to the tank and run it in the tank til the next moring.

Then that would be ok. But I think that you dont have a tank ready to go right.

I would wait til later If you are wanting the right answer.

ILIKECOUGARS
02-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Ask the lfs to hold the items for you, if you pay for them.

mark
02-15-2009, 03:21 PM
as said, pick and pay today, get them bagged just before you leave the Hat tomorrow

Trabby
02-15-2009, 03:27 PM
That is exactly what we are hoping they will allow us to do. We are keeping our fingers crossed, taking them with us overnight is worst case senario. Hopefully it works out:mrgreen: