PDA

View Full Version : Drilled my first piece of glass today

new but handy
02-15-2009, 02:28 AM
Drilled my first piece of glass today! That wasn't anywhere as scary as I thought. Now all I have to do is convince the girlfriend to let me drill my sump before we go to Mexico on tues.

lobsterboy
02-15-2009, 04:54 AM
where did you find the glass cutting bit?

xtreme
02-15-2009, 07:11 AM
I ordered mine from Mops.ca

Was cheap and worked well.

new but handy
02-15-2009, 03:20 PM
you can buy them anywhere; Rona, Home Depot. I would try to buy one online though, they are a little over priced. $120 for a 65mm at Rona. I borrowed one

andestang
02-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Drilled my first piece of glass today! That wasn't anywhere as scary as I thought. Now all I have to do is convince the girlfriend to let me drill my sump before we go to Mexico on tues.

Which part are you headed for ? We also leave on Tues. How thick is the glass your cutting ? I find the thinner stuff a little more nerve racking.

new but handy
02-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey we are going to Cancun this time! I have never been to the east coast. I only drilled a 3/16 spare piece. My girlfriend won't let me drill my sump and install my skimmer untill we get back. I don't know why something about flooding the basement, no one home for a week, 180g of flood damage.
I tried to explain that I could only flood about 20g. She wasn't impressed. :mrgreen: The only thing she wanted for Valentines day was for me to promise I wouldn't modify the tank before we leave. I guess I can accomadate her this one time.

andestang
02-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Hey we are going to Cancun this time! I have never been to the east coast.
I hope you have a good time. Its very nice on the east side.

new but handy
02-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks I have been going to the west coast every year for abut 6 years. We are looking forward to the east coast.

mark
02-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Me, I'm on the GF side. I'm hesitant to adjust my reactor or skimmer, change filters etc, if I know I have to head out even for a couple days.