PDA

View Full Version : New photos all over the place

Beverly
06-01-2003, 01:18 AM
Borrowed a camera this past week and had a chance to use it over the last few days.

New photos can be seen of our 42 gal hex (new fish and coral photo pages), our 14 gal seahorse tank (new pages for all horses and inverts), and of the 2.5 gal sexy shrimp nano tank.

One caution I must tell you about is that some of the seahorse photos are great, but I don't want them to be an advertisement for folks to get the idea of getting horses of their own. They are VERY HARD TO KEEP!!! So please enjoy the photos, but don't go overboard and have to get some of your own. Okay? Okay!

Website's located, as usual, at:

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/

Bob I
06-04-2003, 03:04 PM
I have tried to connect to your site since last night. The connection just times out. :cry: :frown: :sad:

Beverly
06-04-2003, 04:52 PM
I have tried to connect to your site since last night. The connection just times out. :cry: :frown: :sad:

Hi Bob,

We had a two second power failure yesterday morning and our server took a hit :evil: DH will be home to fix it for Saturday morning.

I posted a notice that the server was down on the General Discussion board, which I should have posted here :redface:

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Beverly
06-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Our server is back online if anyone wants a boo at the latest photos of our reefs. Of particular interest is our new yellow tipped green feather brittle star fish in the 42 gal:

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/42gal-featherstar.htm

Address to the site's main page is:

http://www.lostmymarblz.com

Quinn
06-07-2003, 10:33 PM
crinoid eh. kgb has one of those as well. i'll be very interested in seeing that during the tank crawl, they're neat animals from what i've read.

Beverly
06-07-2003, 11:44 PM
crinoid eh. kgb has one of those as well. i'll be very interested in seeing that during the tank crawl, they're neat animals from what i've read.

Here's the photos of the little guy. Actually, I'm not exactly sure if it's a crinoid or alpheid, but I have it IDed as an alpheid. Maybe someone could properly ID it for me:

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/42gal-alpheidshrimp.htm

He's usually hard to see in the acro. But didn't you see him when you were here picking up the crab?

Quinn
06-08-2003, 01:08 AM
nope, i meant the star. i didn't know there were also shrimp that were known as crinoids.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/crinoids.htm

Beverly
06-08-2003, 01:14 AM
nope, i meant the star. i didn't know there were also shrimp that were known as crinoids.

:redface: Oh, you mean the feather brittle star :smile:

Yeah, it's very, very cool. Bought it at AI the other day before Chris came home from his two week business trip. The thing cost an arm and a leg, and I thought poor DH was going to have a bird when he found out how much I paid for it. Instead, he's entranced by it and doesn't give a hoot about the cost. Go figure :cool:

From what the AI clerk told me they are very hard to keep, so I'm giving it all my attention, even more attention than I give to those crazy seahorses I have.

Quinn
06-08-2003, 01:23 AM
yeah that's what i've heard. however last time i talked to kgb his was still alive. from the limited amount of information i've read on them, the problem is feeding, since they're another critter who eats plankton. i think you'll have fairly good luck though, since you're target feeding and so on. can't wait to check it out.

Beverly
06-08-2003, 01:49 AM
the problem is feeding, since they're another critter who eats plankton. i think you'll have fairly good luck though, since you're target feeding and so on. can't wait to check it out.

The link you gave was pretty informative, Quinn and I'll add the link to the feather star's page. It mentioned that they're detritus feeders as well, which gives me even more reason to turkey baste the detritus into the water column so the 802's prefilter can remove some of it.

Actually, I just basted the tank, but since it's lights out already, the star isn't feeding and is closed up quite tightly. I observed it feeding the last time I basted, though, when the lights were on. It's positioned itself high up in the tank nearest to the powerhead as it can get, so very bright MH light isn't a problem for the animal at all.

Between spot feeding, which takes forever because the Marine Snow drifts out of reach of the star so I continually capture the escaped MS to re-feed it, and basting the tank often, I can hopefully provide suitable and enough food for it.

So, you're coming up on the 21st? I haven't heard back from Cesaer yet about who's coming and where we'll be going on the crawl.

Trevor Robertson
06-08-2003, 10:30 PM
I have seen those at AI as well, thought that they were the coolest thing that I have ever seen. I don't recall how mucht they were but I don't recall it being that bad, all though this hoby is really F$%^**ing up my sence of cost for return!!

Oh well enjoy I hope it works out well for you!

Beverly
06-08-2003, 10:48 PM
I don't recall how mucht they were but I don't recall it being that bad

They'e $69.99 :eek: That's baaaaaaaaad, Trevor :exclaim: :exclaim:

Tau2301
06-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Excellent...