PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic tanks

Agranized
02-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Does anyone in MB build acrylic tanks? I'm looking to upgrade but am leaning towards acrylic over glass but I can't seem to find anyone locally who can do this work. I'd also like to work with curves so acrylic is my best choice. I've talked to guys in Ontario and Alberta but nothing closer so far. Any ideas?
Thanks.

mseepman
02-12-2009, 10:17 PM
The only Acrylic guys in Canada that come to mind would be these guys.

http://www.iadempet.com/home.html

Hope that helps.

Skimmerking
02-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh its great to see another guy from MB actually some one closer to brandon that is going into REEF tanks welcome aboard reefing brother. so how big are you going to go. look me up im in Brandon here on the east side of the city.......

The Codfather
02-12-2009, 11:09 PM
I have an acrylic tank built by them, The tank itself is very well constructed, but the costumer service sucks. It was a little more than a glass tank would have cost, but was 8 weeks late on delivery. Needless to say happy with tank, unhappy with the service received. Just my opinion. Thanks,
Bob

Skimmerking
02-13-2009, 12:15 AM
hey man if you need anything wit hthe tank side of the house or frags ot needs setting up give me a PM

Agranized
02-13-2009, 01:17 AM
thanks guys, I'm currently waiting for a quote from IADEM and another from Toronto and Phoenix. But alas, sorry guys I'm upgrading my freshwater outfit.

Moving up to somewhere in the 4-500 gallon range. 5' X 5' square or 1/4 cylinder. See what it'll cost me first. But I need to move my ropefish and sharks into something roomier so i appreciate the advice and would love to check out what the you salty dogs are doing.

Skimmerking
02-13-2009, 01:21 AM
hey i will pm my addy the next time youir in town give me a ring

rstar
02-13-2009, 02:10 AM
I believe Steve (sphelps) on here works with acrylic as well, in saskatoon. Not sure if he is still doing tanks though!

BlueAbyss
02-13-2009, 05:42 AM
I've been looking to do some acrylic building but have had no luck finding a place to even buy sheet in MB. Good luck with your tank, when you get it we want PICS! :mrgreen:

Agranized
02-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks guys, we'll see what happens. Push comes to shove I revert back to glass, but unless it's built on site I can't possibly see how I'd get the damn thing into the house! So acrylic is my first choice....

Asmodeus - I'm in Brandon nearly every day. Work in town, live in Rivers. I've never used a sump filtration system before so I may be begging for insight later. :)

Agranized
02-27-2009, 02:04 AM
It is done. I've order a 1/4 cylinder with 60" x 60" faces. Had to use tenecor from Arizona. Best deal I could come up with. Very reputable. Now to start planning the transfer and species additions!