PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI membrane question

trilinearmipmap
02-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Just changed my RO/DI membrane after about five years and swapped all the filters.

No water output.

How long after changing a membrane should I see water produced?

hillegom
02-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Did the 3 filters before the membrane fill? If not, disconnect the line out of the filter at the intake of the membrane. Of course you will shut off the water first. Wait for the water to come out of the hose, and reconnect.
If there is water in those filters, then disconnect after the ro membrane. See if water comes out there. Follow the lines, until you get to the point where the water does not come out and that is where the problem is.
Of course you know that if you have a 100 gpd (gal per day) membrane, then you only get about 5 gal per hour, so it does come out slow.
I have a tank that the water goes into all day long until it is full and then it shuts down

mark
02-12-2009, 12:58 AM
when I changed mine it was rather quick.

Myka
02-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Ya the water should come out within 30 seconds. My guess is that after those 5 years of not replacing the filters (eep!!!) that a chunk came out and clogged a line. I would take off all the lines, and clean and disinfect everything.

Delphinus
02-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Dumb question, did you make sure to take the plastic wrap off the prefilters?? Sorry, had to ask, it's happened before where that was the problem.. :)