PDA

View Full Version : Brittle Stars.

Sean
02-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Hey everyone

Got a quick question about brittle stars. I kind slacked off for a little on cleaning my tank and now i notice a huge amount of what i think are brittle stars scooting around.

Just looking for some oppinions. Is this going to be a problem? When I was cleaning my tank the odd one got sucked up and I was quickly trying to get them back in the tank. Funny little creatures.. they roll into little balls and scoot into the rock.

hillegom
02-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Brittle stars, detrius eaters, good

Sean
02-11-2009, 10:50 PM
:) Figured thats why there are soo many of them... when you slack off and clean your tank every 1-3 weeks somethings bound to come along and fix the problem for you :D

The crazyest thing is.. when i was cleaning my tank regularly i had a problem keeping things alive.. so i slowly lost interest.. and then bang everything balanced out and now i have a fully operational tank :D Guess my tip to newbies is let it be for awhile

Rbacchiega
02-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Sometimes messing around too much in a tank has a reverse effect. Once the tank is setup and stable, the only time I put my hands in the tank are to blow stuff off the rocks (stupid but cute little sandsifting goby) or to add corals. Everything else (water testing, water change etc) is done in the sump

Sean
02-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I have a nano cube and the bottom of the tank can get very diry!