PDA

View Full Version : razor clips for magnet cleaners

Skimmerking
02-08-2009, 02:36 PM
http://images.nitrosell.com/product_images/2/465//easyblade.jpg
I was thinking of getting one for the tank. I know that my CAL and ALK shoot up when I leave the coraline on the galss on the sides and back. If you think that they are good to go ,can you please post your thoughts and if you dont like them and have one that you dont want let me know I would take it off you hands to try out...

My tank is alot brighter with out the coraline stuck to the glass.

Carmen
02-08-2009, 02:54 PM
They are god's gift to REEF aquariums! Can't believe I didn't buy one sooner but they truly are incredible! They get everything off EASILY! You won't be disappointed!

mseepman
02-08-2009, 03:15 PM
They are awesome. I don't leave the actual blade attached while it sits in the tank. I just screw it onto the base about twice a month for a "good" cleaning and the rest of the month just let the magnet do what it can.

Carmen
02-08-2009, 03:21 PM
They are awesome. I don't leave the actual blade attached while it sits in the tank. I just screw it onto the base about twice a month for a "good" cleaning and the rest of the month just let the magnet do what it can.

Ditto! Only prob with them is they do rust if left in the tank for any period of time or not cleaned off properly after use. But well worth it!

mark
02-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Lots of us like them, here (http://216.187.96.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23798&highlight=easy+blade).

I also only put the blade in when needed to get the coralline off, rest of the time just use as a regular mag float.

Tom R
02-08-2009, 03:33 PM
One of the best tools available to the hobby.

And less than $20. I used frag cement to glue it on to the mag float.

It Works

Tom R

christyf5
02-08-2009, 05:18 PM
One of the best tools available to the hobby.

And less than $20. I used frag cement to glue it on to the mag float.

It Works

+1

Make sure you thoroughly wipe the razor blade with a towel or something after using. If you get it completely dry the blade will last for months :biggrin:

Chaloupa
02-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I have one for each tank! They are fantastic!

PoonTang
02-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I have one too and it works great. Just be careful around your silicone. Another thing to look at is the new Mag-Flip. It is very thin, about 1/4", and has a large cleaning area. It has a built in plastic scraper on the backside. Work good, i had a chance to use one at the LFS and was cleaning corraline of thier glass no sweat.

Keri
02-08-2009, 06:37 PM
How foolproof is the glueing? (like, can I screw it up??) lol

digital-audiophile
02-08-2009, 06:50 PM
I actually just bought one yesterday, it was a bit of a PITA to attach and I have the nasty razor cut on my finger to rpove it :p

The only reason it was a problem for me through is like the lazy guy I am I didn't bother trying to scrape all the coraline off of my hammerhead before I put the glue one, so of course it did not stick. Once I scraped it off and sandpapered the float and the scraper it worked awesome.

Skimmerking
02-08-2009, 07:27 PM
How foolproof is the glueing? (like, can I screw it up??) lol
yes Keri you will mess it up :lol:

Tom R
02-08-2009, 08:14 PM
+1

Make sure you thoroughly wipe the razor blade with a towel or something after using. If you get it completely dry the blade will last for months :biggrin:

I actually take it a part and wash each piece after use. I keep the blade wrapped in paper towel until the next time I want to use it. Leaving it in salt water or with salt water on it will show signs of rust over night.

Tom R

Keri
02-09-2009, 04:08 AM
yes Keri you will mess it up :lol:

lol, that's what I though...I usually end up glueing my fingers together!