PDA

View Full Version : Are you Hardcore enough? :P

christyf5
02-08-2009, 03:08 AM
While Lance and I were hijacking someone elses thread (BTW, go check out the great sale at Aquatic Addictions!! :wink:) we decided that we need to have some sort of semiannual "we're isolated and hardcore and need to geek out" meeting. This includes Islanders (not Victorians though, you guys have enough people for your own meeting... just kidding :wink:) Powell River-ites and even the honorary Secheltian :razz:

I vote for going to Powell River because 1. I enjoy inviting myself to peoples houses 2. they have some kick ass huge tanks over there and 3. I hear they have not one but TWO awesome thai restaurants so we can totally geek out over tanks and then have lunch/dinner and geek out some more while making new geek friends!!!

So whos in?

Lance
02-08-2009, 03:12 AM
I'm in. I have a company van and can pick people up at the ferry.

Aquattro
02-08-2009, 03:21 AM
Put a date together, I'm in if I can make the dates

Lance
02-08-2009, 03:25 AM

Be nice if you could Brad.

Aquattro
02-08-2009, 03:27 AM
Be nice if you could Brad.

I have lots of free time lately, I don't see a problem :)

marie
02-08-2009, 03:49 AM
I'm not hard core and geeky like Dave and Lance but I'm in :lol:

Johnny Reefer
02-08-2009, 03:55 AM
Ditto.

whiteice669
02-08-2009, 03:56 AM
I'm in for that

Chaloupa
02-08-2009, 05:12 AM
I am SOOOO in!!!

Veng68
02-08-2009, 05:33 AM
Make it in the summer time and we can have a camp out/BBQ :)

Cheers,
Vic

Mrfish55
02-08-2009, 06:27 AM
I'm not hard core and geeky like Dave and Lance but I'm in :lol:

HEY! I resemble that remark! can I be invited to this shin-dig sounds like fun. summer would be best, I have a kick a$$ BBQ on the deck, lunch is on me>

Lance
02-08-2009, 02:55 PM
HEY! I resemble that remark! can I be invited to this shin-dig sounds like fun. summer would be best, I have a kick a$$ BBQ on the deck, lunch is on me>

Of course you're invited to this shindig. You have the biggest one! (tank I mean), Marie's tank is stunning, and I'm in because it was Christy's and my idea. And I have booze!

Tom R
02-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Who knows some of us from REEF NETWORK might have to show up to ensure all the rules incorporated by the REEF NETWORK are followed.

Some of the important rules to be followed:

Beer must be drunk from the can or bottle
All conversations can not stray from REEF TALK for more than 3 minutes.
Pictures of you Tanks and Fish are allowed (No family friends or holidays)

Tom R

StirCrazy
02-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I have lots of free time lately, I don't see a problem :)

and you still haven't stopped by for a beer. Did I tell you I am selling the house.. looking for a new one?

Steve

ReefJunkie
02-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Hey what about the Gibsonites?! We're only 15 mins from Sechelt! :lol:

Mrfish55
02-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Of course you're invited to this shindig. You have the biggest one! (tank I mean), Marie's tank is stunning, and I'm in because it was Christy's and my idea. And I have booze!

I agree that Marie's tank is stunning, but let's not overlook your corner tank, cost me a bundle after I saw yours I had to go get one for me! I could sit and stare at either one of those two tanks all day (as opposed to staring at mine all day)

christyf5
02-08-2009, 05:11 PM

But of course! I should have put Sunshine Coastians :wink:

Mrfish55
02-08-2009, 05:12 PM

Nope no Gibsonites, not untill the beachcombers are back on the air :lol:

Just kidding, the more the merrier, just make sure you bring pics of your set-up, I didn't know there were that many people on the peninsula reefing, I go to the city every couple months, one of these days I will have to make time for a tour.

Keri
02-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Ooh, ME!

I'm totally geeky enough!! (If the dates work with our schedules)

PoonTang
02-08-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm definately in. Besides i still owe Marie a tank visit and a big thank you.
p.s can i bring a bucket and pruning shears? :)

Lance
03-27-2009, 04:50 AM
I had a day trip to Nanaimo yesterday and checked out the new LFS. While there, I ran into Christy buying some corals (Huh! Imagine That! Christy buying more corals). Anyway we got to talking about the "Hardcore Reef Geeks Meeting" in PR, so I thought I'd resurrect this thread to see if there is still some interest and as to when we should have it. Thoughts?

marie
03-27-2009, 04:53 AM
Just a suggestion but Anthony mentioned coming up to PR around the 18th of April

Lance
03-27-2009, 04:57 AM
Just a suggestion but Anthony mentioned coming up to PR around the 18th of April

Fine by me except my fish will still be in QT. Oh well, we can stand around and watch my algae and pods grow.:sad:

christyf5
03-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Heh, here I was all ready to bump this thread and apparently I missed the boat :razz:

Soooo....meeting???? May-ish????

Tom R
03-31-2009, 09:49 PM
Set a date and find me a place to overnight and I will be there.

Tom R

Scavenger
03-31-2009, 09:55 PM
Good idea Christy! Been awhile since we've done that. Now that I'm in a big enough house again, I'd be happy to host again. This time I accually have a tank set up, not like last time. LOL! Admission 1 frag LOL! though I was thinking June'ish

christyf5
03-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Good idea Christy! Been awhile since we've done that. Now that I'm in a big enough house again, I'd be happy to host again. This time I accually have a tank set up, not like last time. LOL! Admission 1 frag LOL! though I was thinking June'ish

This one was going to be in Powell River, I just didn't want to overdo and plan it to be at their houses, they have to plan it, or at least say its okay for me to plan it at their houses :razz:

You can still have one in June though :wink:

PoonTang
03-31-2009, 10:33 PM
So its settled then? At some to be determined day in may we are all going to decend on Marie's house and spend the whole weekend there talking about fish and coral.

christyf5
03-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Well yeah, but we at least have to look like we're being polite and wait for her to say " hey why don't you guys come over on X date?"

Then we can all be "who us? wow, yeah that would be awesome, thanks for asking!"

:razz:

PoonTang
03-31-2009, 11:25 PM
Well yeah, but we at least have to look like we're being polite and wait for her to say " hey why don't you guys come over on X date?"

Then we can all be "who us? wow, yeah that would be awesome, thanks for asking!"

:razz:

Well in a perfect world thats how it would normally go but sometimes some people need a little subliminal encouragement to kinda get things moving along :twised:

marie
03-31-2009, 11:40 PM
Well in a perfect world thats how it would normally go but sometimes some people need a little subliminal encouragement to kinda get things moving along :twised:

I need something more obvious then sublimmimmimminul encouragement and Christy go ahead and plan away :razz: . Any date is good for me, I never go anywhere or do anything.

I have a spare bed and a spare room with a futon on the floor (I'd offer the couch but it usually has 3 dogs sleeping on it). I also have a back yard that can take a tent.
There's also a big BBQ on the deck and a vietnemese restaurant across the street

Lance
04-01-2009, 01:14 AM
I have a spare bedroom, made up and ready to go. Anyone welcome, as long as you can put up with the Devil in the diguise of a Beagle named "Molly". Hopefully I may have a few rooms vacant at the Hotel. Full right now though.

ReefJunkie
04-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Sooo...April...May..when are we talking here? April 18th works great for us or..May...June whenever. :mrgreen: Count Robyn and I in for sure. Gotta bring something for the hosts..frags ok? or food? or...

christyf5
04-01-2009, 04:55 AM
OK I'm gonna throw May 2nd out there. At noon. Theres a 10:10am ferry that would arrive around 11:30 and I'm not really sure how it works for those coming from the mainland. Seems like a lot of driving and ferries? Is this doable for you guys? Ideally I was thinking we could do various tours of peoples houses (Mrfish55, Marie and Lance, Lance mentioned one other guy might want to take part) then on to Vietnamese food and general visiting.

Sound good? Just thought it would be easier to get everyone in, look at tanks and move on and then hang out at a restaurant, than have everyone converge on one house and have to "host".

If anyone has any other ideas, by all means fire away :biggrin:

Lance
04-01-2009, 05:06 AM
OK I'm gonna throw May 2nd out there. At noon. Theres a 10:10am ferry that would arrive around 11:30 and I'm not really sure how it works for those coming from the mainland. Seems like a lot of driving and ferries? Is this doable for you guys? Ideally I was thinking we could do various tours of peoples houses (Mrfish55, Marie and Lance, Lance mentioned one other guy might want to take part) then on to Vietnamese food and general visiting.

Sound good? Just thought it would be easier to get everyone in, look at tanks and move on and then hang out at a restaurant, than have everyone converge on one house and have to "host".

If anyone has any other ideas, by all means fire away :biggrin:

Sounds fine except that Marie and I work Saturdays. Dave is off work for awhile. Sunday instead? If Sunday is no good I could take a Saturday off, but I don't know about Marie.

marie
04-01-2009, 06:20 AM
Sounds fine except that Marie and I work Saturdays. Dave is off work for awhile. Sunday instead? If Sunday is no good I could take a Saturday off, but I don't know about Marie.

Yea I work Saturdays until 2 which is fine if you check out everyone elses tanks first but sundays would be better

christyf5
04-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Sorry guys, didn't think about that. Sunday it is then, May 3?

Lance
04-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Sorry guys, didn't think about that. Sunday it is then, May 3?

Works for me.

Lance
04-01-2009, 09:56 PM
How's May 3rd for you Dave?

Mrfish55
04-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Early May would be good, my birthday is on the 8th, my wife loves a good party and I like colorfull little sticks of calcium;) please feel free to bring samples of your favorites! weather should be good enough for beer and burgers by then.

Lance
04-01-2009, 11:58 PM
OK then, May 3rd it is.

Come one-come-all to the first ever "Hardcore Reef Geeks Get Together".

I'll volunteer being the organizer at this end and Christy can take care of things from the Island side. Those coming from the Lower Mainland or the Peninsula can be picked up at Saltery Bay as well. Anybody needing a pick up at the ferry, PM me for my phone #. ( You can save yourself $40.00 by leaving your car at the ferry and walking on.) Can fit 7 passengers in the van. Anybody who cares to stay overnight is welcome to a room at our Hotel (if there are any available). Cost per room per night: 1 frag or a Sleeman's Honey Brown. I can also take 2 overnighters at home. (spare bedroom & couch).

christyf5
04-02-2009, 12:19 AM
started new thread

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51289

:mrgreen: