PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

reef bound
02-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Found this on a paly last night just before lights out. Any ideas? Doesn't look to me like a typical zoa eating nudi, but I'm new to the hobby, (not quite a year), so I'm not sure what's all out there. Thanks for input.
Lisa

christyf5
02-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Interesting. not sure what it is. it doesn't look like a nudibranch to me. Maybe a scaleworm or something? If you're worried about your palys I wouldn't put it back in the tank.

MikeP
02-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Looks like bellybutton lint, why's it in your tank :lol:

agent77
02-06-2009, 02:22 PM
and this is why the hobby is so interesting . Good luck with this . :mrgreen:

agent77
02-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Found this on a paly last night just before lights out. Any ideas? Doesn't look to me like a typical zoa eating nudi, but I'm new to the hobby, (not quite a year), so I'm not sure what's all out there. Thanks for input.
Lisa
After reading this I was looking in my tank and found something like the creature you found . It was on a toadstool that I have . Does anyone know what this is :question: I love finding things like this :mrgreen:

tgoeujon
02-07-2009, 07:50 PM
dont know what they are but i wouldnt put them back into my tank

BlueAbyss
02-07-2009, 07:53 PM
I probably would have left them... the one of agent77's looks like a tiny sea cucumber. But then I'm not too scared of wierd things. Except those huge worms people get UGH!:eek: Oh, and my tank is small, so I couldn't possible lose a coral garden to munching creatures.