PDA

View Full Version : new additions to the tank

DJ88
03-19-2002, 03:07 AM
Well after some patience and time well spent, I recently added some new members to my tank.

I now have four Black Cardinalfish. These guys are amazing I have to say. They are nocturnal as are most cardinals but go through the most amazing morphs from night to day. In the day they hide in a few different caves and also in the branches of a digitata colony and are almost pure black. At night, completely different fish. Out in the open all the night but this is where it gets wild. They change into a completely translucent fish. You can see completely through them. There are hints of blue and green irridesence all along their bodies but for the most part are see though. :D They are the coolest addition I have added in ages.

Well, next to my priceless flatworm eating wrasse that is. ;) :D Speaking of which, I now have NO flatworms at all. And no it isn't for sale. rent maybe. $20 a day until he is caught out of your tank. ;) Sorry for that. Back to the topic at hand.

Spectacular fish. I bought all of them for less than two bangaii's. Much less.

The pics here don't do them justice. Honest. I will try to get some pics as soon as I can.
Apogon melas. Black Cardinalfish (http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSummary.cfm?genusname=Apogon&speciesname=melas)

[ 18 March 2002, 23:10: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

Mak
03-19-2002, 03:38 AM
O O O O, I'll rent him!!!

benjoss
03-21-2002, 03:52 AM
I will take him as well even though I have only seen one flatworm in my tank. :D He seems to good to be true

Canadian Man
03-22-2002, 01:24 AM
these flatworms i hear everyone talking about, what are they? their not bristle worms that your reffering to are they? please educate me, thanks in advance
Jonathan

DJ88
03-22-2002, 01:33 AM
Jonathan,

Flatworms....

The bane of all reefers. All I can say is. Make sure everything you put in your tank is coming from a system that HAS NONE. Never add anything to your tank that has flatworms. Even if they tell you to fresh water dip the coral to kill them off. It isn't a guarantee that they will die.

Read this links for some info and a pic of these critters.

Flatworms (http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66617&highlight=flatworm)

Canadian Man
03-22-2002, 01:39 AM
Thanks darren
Phewww i have not seen them and it's been 8 months or so. knock on wood.