PDA

View Full Version : Aqua-Safe in business any more?

trilinearmipmap
02-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Four or five years ago I bought an Aqua-Safe RO/DI unit off E-Bay.

Lately despite changing the filter cartridges recently the water output has gone way down so I figure the RO membrane is shot.

I figured I'd get a whole new RO/DI unit as I want to install one downstairs.

I don't find Aqua-Safe when I google them and I can't find their EBay store. Are they in business any more?

Or is there any other reasonable priced source of RO/DI systems in Canada? I don't want the hassle of ordering from the U.S.

albert_dao
02-04-2009, 10:24 PM
JL just got in the Vertex RO/DI units. Super mack-daddy. I'd give them a call.

Pan
02-04-2009, 10:56 PM
JL just got in the Vertex RO/DI units. Super mack-daddy. I'd give them a call.
Thats not what he asked albert! :twised:

Matt
02-04-2009, 11:04 PM
...Or is there any other reasonable priced source of RO/DI systems in Canada? I don't want the hassle of ordering from the U.S. Thats not what he asked albert! :twised: Um, it sorta is. Back to point, I don't think that AquaSafe is active any more. His website is defunct, and there are no systems on eBay, as you note. You can try to call them at 604-922-3030 (but Ed always professed to HATING calls), or e-mail aquasafe@uniserve.com to see if they're still around. Better to go to the source. [edit] A string of 14 bad ratings leading up to recently, and now de-registered from eBay. Not a good sign.

mseepman
02-04-2009, 11:07 PM
You're right...they've just dissapeared. I found their website but it only has a picture of an RO unit on it and that's it.

I bought one of their systems for my parents house so I had them on my ebay seller page and their store on there is gone now too.

banditpowdercoat
02-05-2009, 01:07 AM
I hate it when shops just "close UP' Especially when they plan it, start defauding ebay auctions and such, then just leave....

mark
02-05-2009, 01:27 AM
do realize you can buy just a membrane for about $50 from suppliers other than Aquasafe that will fit into their housing?

digital-audiophile
02-05-2009, 01:28 AM
So for Aquasafe owners, where do we get replacement cartridges etc?

mark
02-05-2009, 01:28 AM
I hate it when shops just "close UP' Especially when they plan it, start defauding ebay auctions and such, then just leave....

did they rip people off or did they just close?

mark
02-05-2009, 01:29 AM

Chemmaster is one

Veng68
02-05-2009, 02:09 AM

All membranes & carts are pretty standard. You can use any hobbyist RO carts from any company.

It's a 10 inch housing that most standard RO's use.

Cheers,
Vic

Veng68
02-05-2009, 02:10 AM

I never heard they ripped anyone off?

Cheers,
Vic

Matt
02-05-2009, 02:21 AM
I never heard they ripped anyone off?

Cheers,
VicI think I might have seeded that part of the discussion. The last 14 feedbacks on Ed's eBay feedback were about 'no reply', 'no shipping', etc. It looks like he disappointed some people, but I doubt anyone got ripped off.

Aquattro
02-05-2009, 03:03 AM
Have a look here, pretty decent pricing.

http://www.progressivereef.com/reverse-osmosis.php

fkshiu
02-05-2009, 03:19 AM
I believe Bulk Reef Supply also sells RO stuff like membranes.

dreef
02-05-2009, 03:28 AM
Yes i just bought,or my buddy did for me,a membrane from bulk reef supply,it was a 75 gpd for 39 american.I buy my cartridges from ChemMaster,you can get those also from BRS,but mise well support a canadian fellow reefer.Everything fits in my aquasafe 5 stage,no problems.