PDA

View Full Version : skimmer works less proper than usual

tgoeujon
02-04-2009, 02:26 AM
anyone with the corallife super skimmer have problems with the venturi stopping working? ive been using it for about a year with no problems but in the last couple weeks its stopped a few times. it still runs and pumps water but no bubbles. any ideas?

Scavenger
02-04-2009, 02:32 AM
Yup! It sounds like the venturi is clogged with salt. Very common. Just let it the tube suck down a small amount of hot fresh water if it still has suction. If not, try pooring water down. Will clear the salt out. I did this monthly as maintenance to keep it clear.

ILIKECOUGARS
02-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Have you try to clean the venturi tube, salt build up can plug it.

tgoeujon
02-04-2009, 02:40 AM
i never tried the water thing but in the past i blew through the tube and that would half ass start it goin again, could it be something to do with the little round black thing it plugs onto?

ILIKECOUGARS
02-04-2009, 03:09 AM
The little black thing acts like a muffler, does air past though it? If you take it off will the skimmer start producing bubbles.

chevyjaxon
02-04-2009, 03:47 AM
did you check to see if the thing (dont know what to call it) that attaches to your pump where the airline comes from is not clogged? is it securely fastened to the pump? is it close to the water suface? it needs to be close to the surface to work did you check your outlet to see if the little air intake on it is clogged? lastly did you check to see that the outlet for the water is not restricted? one of the above mentioned will be your problem. my money is on your pump being too far below the water surface

tgoeujon
02-16-2009, 01:29 AM
it was definately plugged with salt. thanks for the help canreefers