PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Zeo Reactor package

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Its the Vertex 1.5L ZEO starter package from J&L. All the additives are mostly full as they are only used two weeks.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/zv-00p151/Vertex-ZEOvit+Starter+Pakage+%281.5+Litre%29.html

Paid $200 plus taxes. Figure I will ask $170 FIRM since that is the cost of just the reactor new. So your basically paying for the new reactor (no tax) and getting the additives free!

If it doesn't sell in a week or so, then I may just try it on the big tank and see if it can keep up.

If you want more info about starting ZEOvit, you may want to go to ZEOvit.com and take a look around.

EDIT:Will ship at buyers expense. Still prefer locally though :)

Whatigot
02-02-2009, 06:45 PM
you love zeo so much you have an extra zeo reactor package?

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-02-2009, 07:05 PM
you love zeo so much you have an extra zeo reactor package?

No I have to get a bigger reactor since my new tank is around 300G net water volume and this one will be too small.

Whatigot
02-02-2009, 07:09 PM
300g?
oh snap, did you start a journal yet?
I'm gonna go have a look see.

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-02-2009, 07:21 PM
300g?
oh snap, did you start a journal yet?
I'm gonna go have a look see.

Not a 300G tank. 200G tank but with the sump, around 300G. Although I think I may use my 75G sump instead. Don't know yet. Either way, too much for a 1.5L reactor.

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-03-2009, 03:50 AM
Bump...

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-03-2009, 08:35 PM
$150 if you want just the reactor.

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Will go $150 for all of it...I will have no use for this soon, so just want to sell.

Rbacchiega
02-06-2009, 04:10 AM
if you can't sell local I might be interested if you want to ship....

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-06-2009, 04:24 AM
if you can't sell local I might be interested if you want to ship....

Yeah I can ship if no one locally wants it. I am kind of surprised....I though it would sell real fast being so new. Guess not too many people want to get into ZEO.

Rbacchiega
02-06-2009, 04:48 AM
I figure I'd go Zeo on the 90 (considering it started out as a LPS/Zoa tank and has now developed into a mixed reef with more SPS than I thought I would innitially put in...) and then try my hand at vodka dosing when I set up my 50 gallon

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-06-2009, 05:06 AM
I figure I'd go Zeo on the 90 (considering it started out as a LPS/Zoa tank and has now developed into a mixed reef with more SPS than I thought I would innitially put in...) and then try my hand at vodka dosing when I set up my 50 gallon

Yeah I read that in your thread. Well let me see what happens with this thing over the weekend and if no one is interested then I will PM you. I still prefer to stay local if possible since its a bit easier but if not, your first in line for shipping if you still want it after the weekend :)

Then I need to find a 3L reactor :neutral:

Rbacchiega
02-06-2009, 05:12 AM
I wonder if you could make your own.....

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-06-2009, 05:18 AM
I wonder if you could make your own.....

Well some could...but me...not so much! Hahahaha...I can't build things.

I will buy one new if I have to, not too worried. Just seems like such a waste of money since this one is only used just over two weeks now.

piusma
02-06-2009, 05:46 AM
How about adding another 1.5L reactor? Only drawback would be a little higher energy consumption and potentially taking up a little more room.
Steven

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-06-2009, 07:27 AM
How about adding another 1.5L reactor? Only drawback would be a little higher energy consumption and potentially taking up a little more room.
Steven

Hmmm...well not a bad idea but at the same time, still gotta spend the money on another one. If I can sell this one though, it would be cheaper in the long run to buy a 3L.

foreverfortune
02-06-2009, 08:17 AM
too bad this wasnt for sale about 3 weeks ago, i was looking for a used one but none was available so i ended up purchasing a new one of the exact one you are selling. works pretty good no complaints on the build quality. with 1 liter of rocks, it was actually much lighter than i thought it would be to plumb. i was expecting to break a sweat each session.

GreenSpottedPuffer
02-06-2009, 09:24 AM
too bad this wasnt for sale about 3 weeks ago, i was looking for a used one but none was available so i ended up purchasing a new one of the exact one you are selling. works pretty good no complaints on the build quality. with 1 liter of rocks, it was actually much lighter than i thought it would be to plumb. i was expecting to break a sweat each session.

It gets easier and easier too as the weeks go on...