PDA

View Full Version : Need some info

burtonpj48
01-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Hello, I'm new to the scene. I am thinking of starting a 75 gallon sw tank. I need info on what a good skimmer to buy, return pump, how big of a sump i need, and any other recommendations people may have. thanks

Trigger Man
01-31-2009, 09:39 PM
for a good skimmer I like the Euro Reefs, with return pump it depends on how far the pump is pumping the water from you sump to you display (mags are decently priced with a variety of sizes available), and for sump the standard 33 g makes a nice size and will be great for you 75g.

lammarkk
02-03-2009, 09:52 AM
For skimmer, I would recommend Deltec:biggrin:

e46er
02-03-2009, 01:47 PM
i use a euro reef it works pretty good and for a sump go with the biggest you can fit just make sure you leave room for reactors CL pumps power bars.
i have a 3' tank in a 4'stand and with 3 poewr bars a CL pump MH ballasts and a phosban reactor its as full as possible

digital-audiophile
02-03-2009, 02:33 PM
I like my euroreef :) I guess it depends on what your budget is.

BlueAbyss
02-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Hmm is this the first place you came for info?

I'd recommend going down to the library and picking up some study material, as in order to make recommendations people will need to know what you intend to keep, what your focus will be, etc.

Fish Only? Fish Only with Live Rock? Reef? Seagrass? SPS Coral Garden? Will you feed your fish heavily? Intending on keeping larger fish or smaller?

Oh, and +1 on the Deltec skimmers, they are awesome from what I hear... I wish I could afford one :lol:

brizzo
02-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Looking at other people's build threads is also very good research material

And always remember, there is more than one way to do many things when it comes to Reefing :)