PDA

View Full Version : Reef Stores In Bellingham?

Norstar
01-31-2009, 03:27 AM
Does any one know if there are any reef stores in Bellingham or the area?

dsaundry
01-31-2009, 04:32 AM
Yes there is one down in the older part of town by the theatre, I cant remember the name right now but I will look it up when I get to work tomorrow{its on my work computer}

hillegom
01-31-2009, 04:41 AM
tagging along

dsaundry
01-31-2009, 04:47 AM
I remember... "The Chronic Reefer"

1208 Bay Street Bellingham Wa, 98225, (360)543-9071, www.chronic-reefer.com (http://www.chronic-reefer.com/)

Ya Dude
01-31-2009, 05:25 AM
I went to cronic reefer a few weeks ago out of interest.wasnt worth the drive.costco was worth it though

Ron99
01-31-2009, 05:26 AM
I made a quick stop at Chronic Reefer last weekend and wasn't overly impressed with the selection of livestock etc. It's a tiny store. Maybe their stock is low right now. I guess I shouldn't judge from one quick visit. Some decent corals but nothing much better than I have seen locally. I'm still hoping that some of the local shops can get some really colourful zoas and softies etc. like some of the stores out east or in the US.

Stopped in to eat at a fish and chips place about 2 blocks away (I think it was called The Shrimp Shack) that had a reef tank that was in bad shape. Lots of aptasia and algae growth. It was sad to see. I don't know who takes care of it but the fellow from Chronic Reefer was the one who recommended the place for lunch.

BadPhish
01-31-2009, 04:39 PM
I've always wondered but never checked, is it a problem to bring livestock back over the boarder?

Norstar
02-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the info! Looks like I saved myself a drive!

ner'T'
02-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Hello,

I've stopped in there a bunch of times while in Bellingham... Cool little shop. I've seen it both light on livestock and jammed packed.

We are pretty spoiled with the big shops here with the huge selections. I think if you're driving all the way there for that store, (or any store), it's pointless. If your there anyways, check it out.

Also, the best place I've eaten is "Bay Street Brew Pub", I think?

Norstar
02-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the info. I was just looking for a place to kill some time while my wife and kids go shopping.

I am even more excited about your "Bay Street Brew Pub" recommendation :) . Thanks!!

Anyone ever been to Bob's Burger & Brew??

TheRealBigAL
02-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Catchy name !

ner'T'
02-09-2009, 04:33 AM
No problem...

I just remembered another place, the name escapes me. It’s got a ton of fresh stuff and limited SW. My brother-in-law has pulled some really good SW deals outta there. I think you have to look hard though!

It’s downtown on a block where there is meter parking on the center lane. Near "HorseShoe Cafe"? Just ask anyone where "Mallard's Ice-cream", (also super good!) it’s across from it. Kinda a crazy storefront wouldn't have guessed they had anything.

Enjoy

ner'T'
02-11-2009, 04:45 AM
Went down to Bellingham last night...

Sounds like the CR might be on its way out. I guess the little guys always have a tough go of it.

That other place is called "Clarkes" sp?

Cheers