PDA

View Full Version : ro/di units or just ro units

buddyreefer
01-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Hi anybody have experience with WR WaterRidge Ro units they use to sell at costco, are they any good, i've seen em for like 120 bucks at some clearout stores brand new are all the filters universal also?. Or anybody know where i can get a good unit for that price.

iansfishy
01-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Not at that price, but I have a spectrapure and its awesome. Two built in TDS meters and the rejection rate is excellent. Ive put 400 gallons through it so far and the flow hasnt slowed down, and even the TDS level in the first stage hasnt even gone up. BTW it was at 0 when I started the unit and its still there.

buddyreefer
01-31-2009, 12:55 AM
how do i tell if this is a good unit or not, i've looked everywhere online and can't find any info on it, and also can i just just bulk carbon to change the membrane filters myself.

Mrfish55
01-31-2009, 01:28 AM
Hi, I have a brand new in box Coralife 50gpd RO/DI unit, I bought two when I did my upgrade but then changed the plan, has been sitting for six months never had water run thru it, If interested I will let it go for $100.00 plus shipping.

hillegom
01-31-2009, 02:10 AM
I have a ro/di unit I bought from melev's reef 2 years ago.Love the unit.
Just bought that WaterRidge Ro unit for my daughters aquarium. You will have to add a deionizing unit to it for the SW aquarium.
The WR unit has a tank and a faucett for your drinking water or fridge. I think it is a good unit, but have not tested it. The tank will give you about 3 gals at a time. It will be slow to fill. If I remember correctly, it will make 23 gals in 24 hours. Needs 50psi from the municipal water supply, which is really low. Lower mainland has a lot more than that.

hillegom
01-31-2009, 02:13 AM
The filters take the regular 10 inch. Lots for sale on ebay, reasonable. You will also find DI units there.

buddyreefer
01-31-2009, 02:34 AM
thanks hillegom, couple questions does this unit have to be installed to your sink or can i install it to a laundry sink, and also do i really need a di unit also for vancouver tap water?
cheers

hillegom
01-31-2009, 04:39 AM
No it does not need to be installed under your sink. But you do need a little bit of plumbing knowledge. There is a comprehensive guide included. You will have to plumb into the cold water pipe after the shutoff below your laundry sink. The drain you could just put into the laundry sink or the washer standpipe, securely fastened.
Yes, I would use a DI unit in Vancouver. I use one in Surrey, we get the water from the same source, don't we?
This is just one co. that has extras. you will need a housing
http://filterdirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=70&products_id=153
and a refillable DI cartridge to put into it and some plumbing fixtures to add the unit to the waterridge system.
The WR system also comes with a faucet for drinking water that you can attach, I guess to your laundry tub, or just do not use it. The tank, you could just put below the sink.