PDA

View Full Version : foxface going grey

e46er
01-30-2009, 02:42 AM
hey i added a foxface 2 weeks ago he was yellow as could be eating alot very active..
a week ago i started feeding nori with seachem garlic guard and also tried galric xtreme and he seems to go grey and then 15 min later he is yellow as can be and then a few hrs later hes back to grey he never stays grey for more than 5 minutes is this just him being scared? or something else. i just recently starting measuring phosphates 0.25 and am now running a phosphate reactor and carbon in another..
im doing 20 G water changes atleast once a week.
is this mood swings and normal or a very bad sign??

ElGuappo
01-30-2009, 03:03 AM
its camo. when scared or such it will go into defensive mode and this is its camo. mine did this all the time for the first 3 monthes i had it and still did it the odd time after that. nothing to concern yourself with IMO.

e46er
01-30-2009, 03:07 AM
ok id heard that before i just wanted to confirm thanks for the reply!

Glennrf38
01-30-2009, 03:23 AM
I woke up the morning after I got mine and he was all grey and leaning up against a rock....... dead I thought.

I turned on the lights and away he went and colored up again...... he does that all the time when he is sleeping or scared.
I paniced first time too. :)

Rbacchiega
01-30-2009, 03:41 AM
mine does this too. I sometimes wish mine would keep his cool speckled face with bright yellow body....but it doesn't.

Great fish though. I heart it.

lammarkk
02-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Mine too. It's probably frightened...