PDA

View Full Version : BTA Acting Weird

Tau2301
05-25-2003, 09:51 PM
All day yesterday my BTA was standing straight up and looking like it was getting ready to change location.

Then last night just after lights out, the tank went cloudy, and the Protein Skimmer was frothing at the mouth. Still a little cloudy this morning, but at least you can see what in the tank.

Nothing has changed in the tank. I had just finished my weekly routine of feeding the BTA (Shrimp) and the Corals (EVS). It was just after that that the BTA started it’s stretching routine.

Looking back this same thing happen about a year ago, about two weeks after I acquired the BTA.

The BTA has since shrunk back to normal size, but seems a little thin in the tentacles.

The Clowns are still on guard.

EmilyB
05-25-2003, 10:35 PM
Did you notice it spewing anything to make the water cloudy? It may have spawned, but I think you would know because it doesn't smell very nice and really pollutes the tank...........

What's just a bit weird is last night both my tanks had a bit of cloudiness and the chromis were going nuts sucking up whatever was in the water. I kept looking at the anemones to see if they were spawing but no. I've seen the turbos spawn and that's pretty messy too.

Tau2301
05-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Sorry, no I didn't actual see anthing spewing. It was the usual last check with the flashlight before I call it quits for the night. The only I could real make out much with just a flashlight and I didn't what to put the lights back on.

All the critters are fine...

Bob I
05-27-2003, 05:07 PM
Allow me to throw out a possibility here. It is possible the BTA is regurgitating undigested food. I have read that it not a good idea to target feed an anemone for that very reason. I do not feed my LTA anything, especially since the clowns feed it. Just an idea FWIW :rolleyes: