PDA

View Full Version : Why we need frag rack ?

pangking
01-26-2009, 05:38 AM
I'm new to reef, and see people use frag rack in their tank. I'm just wondering why not just put the frag on the LR? Whats the rack for? Thanks!

Borderjumper
01-26-2009, 05:42 AM
Frag racks are a temporary place to keep frags for growout. It keeps them from falling over and this way they are easy to move later.

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-26-2009, 05:45 AM
To make a display tank ugly :D

I can't stand frag racks in the main display ;)

They are great for frag tanks though. For the reasons stated above.

pangking
01-26-2009, 05:52 AM
Frag racks are a temporary place to keep frags for growout. It keeps them from falling over and this way they are easy to move later.

ok, lets say keep them falling over, but when it growout, it has to be move and put on LR anyway, right? It will not falling over after it growout? still not get it. sorry.

FlamesFan
01-26-2009, 05:57 AM
Another benefit to this method is for people who have high stocked tanks where there may be no room for frags to go without losing them in the jungle. Check out some of the TOTM's on this site and RC and you will understand what I mean.

pangking
01-26-2009, 05:58 AM
To make a display tank ugly :D

I can't stand frag racks in the main display ;)

They are great for frag tanks though. For the reasons stated above.

It is ugly.

If let the frag grow on the frag rack to keep them w/o falling over, when do we move them to the LR?

Borderjumper
01-26-2009, 06:02 AM
The only corals I keep on frag racks are coral I DONT plan on putting back in my tank. The frags will be sold or traded off to other reefers. They will then put them on the rocks of their reefs.

tgoeujon
01-26-2009, 06:20 AM
i like to use frag racks just for the first week the frag is in the tank, being as im not a proffesional reefer i like to make sure the coral is going to thrive in my system before permanently attaching and getting stuck with a skeleton that i cant get rid of without making a mess. just my way of doin things but it seems to work for me:biggrin: