Keri
01-26-2009, 06:39 AM
S.D sells some lovely rics, PM her :)

MCC
01-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Who is S.D???

Chowder
01-26-2009, 03:44 PM
That is the members name on Canreef, S.D . Look them up on the memberlist and PM them.

Keri
01-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Yup :)

MCC
02-13-2009, 10:21 PM
BUMP!!!

Anyone?? I m looking to spend around 15-20 dollars each ... thx

Borderjumper
02-13-2009, 10:52 PM
How many and what colors are you looking for?

cav~firez22
02-13-2009, 11:31 PM
I have orange Rics for sale....

MCC
02-14-2009, 12:20 AM
I have orange Rics for sale....

Sorry.. but u are also in kelowna haha...

wickedfrags
02-14-2009, 01:18 AM
how many are you looking for?????

MCC
02-14-2009, 06:40 AM
how many are you looking for?????

As many as i can...

but seems like everyone is living in victoria, kelowna, or oakville

i really want to do local... i have never received livestock before...

wickedfrags
02-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Well first, I would shy away from ricordea yuma. They are historically known to be very difficult to keep long-term. Beautiful, but honestly best left in the ocean.

Ricirdea florida on the other hand, perhaps the most hardy aquarium specimen you can buy. I can honestly say I have never lost one, they ship really well and easily survive 2 days of shipping (although they always ship next day).

If you are looking for ricordea, do not fear shipping what so ever. Just me experience.

As many as i can...

but seems like everyone is living in victoria, kelowna, or oakville

i really want to do local... i have never received livestock before...

cav~firez22
02-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Sorry.. but u are also in kelowna haha...

I am. :biggrin:
But i make Frequent trips to the coast. :biggrin: So i could. bring some with me and you would then have your. local sale :mrgreen:

MCC
02-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Well first, I would shy away from ricordea yuma. They are historically known to be very difficult to keep long-term. Beautiful, but honestly best left in the ocean.

Ricirdea florida on the other hand, perhaps the most hardy aquarium specimen you can buy. I can honestly say I have never lost one, they ship really well and easily survive 2 days of shipping (although they always ship next day).

If you are looking for ricordea, do not fear shipping what so ever. Just me experience.

Thanks for the info... i honestly cant tell the difference....

So okie guys.. i want Ricordias... all kinds of colors ... thanks..

OceanicCorals-Ian-
02-14-2009, 06:14 PM

I actually disagree with this a little bit, my tank has no fewer that about 10 Yumas that have been going strong for over 5 years. My experience is that Florida Ricordeas are a little less finicky but Yumas can be very long lived once properly acclimatized. It is usually due to the reef keepers lack of experience that proves to be fatal for the Yuma, Yumas typically need less light than Floridas and need more time to acclimatize to bright halides. Floridas can be placed in a the brightest spot in the aquarium from day one and never have an issue.

Both are great to collect, the Yumas have better colors but need a little more attention to flourish.

MCC
02-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Any one else ???

Thanks Seahorse Fanatic for his beautiful orange rics!!!

I want more more more!!