PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE AGAIN: 24 x 24 x 18 All-in-one Trimless System (VICTORIA)

Canadian
01-25-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm getting ready to build my new system and in order to refrain from having a whole bunch of extraneous equipment sitting around after I set up the new tank I thought I'd see what kind of interest there is in my existing system before I finish buying the new equipment and set up the new tank.

I haven't given any thought to prices but I'll post what I have available below. I don't have any problems parting things out but I would like to give preference to island/Victoria residents to avoid shipping hassles.

So here's what is going to be available once I transfer over the livestock to the new tank:

- Trimless 24 x 24 x 18 custom built glass (3/8") tank built by Seastar (or whatever they're called now). This tank has black silicone and is about 16 months old. There is a black plastic trim on the bottom of the tank and the top is trimless. When I designed this system I built it with a suspended lighting system in mind (Giesemann pendant which I have since sold). I built a black acrylic false wall with partitions in the back for a water height controlled skimmer section (specifically sized for a Tunze Nano DOC 9002 which I have also sold), overflow section and return section. This false wall projects 6" into the tank making the actual display area of the tank 18" instead of 24".

- Custom built white stand with levelers in each internal corner and magnetic front. I built this stand with the individual corner levelers because the floor at my old place in Vancouver had fairly uneven parkay flooring and I wanted to make sure the stand could be leveled.

- 4 x 24W T5 HO Sunlight Supply Tek light fixture with add-on tank mounting brackets and lamps (UVL actinic, 2 x Giesemann Actinic Blue+, AquaScience Duo)

- The current skimmer, a Deltec MCE 600, is tentatively spoken for.

Also presently available:

- Aquamedic Dual Reef Doser for dosing two-part, kalk, or whatever you want to dose.

I will be keeping my Tunze Nanostream pumps, Vortech, Profilux doser, ATO, and Phosban reactor for the new tank.

You can see a variety of pics of my system in different incarnations in my gallery on Reefcentral - http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&si=&thumb=1&page=2&sort=1&perpage=12&papass=&ppuser=147&stype=

Those locals who are interested can just PM me to arrange a time to come by and take a look at things.

Here's a pic of the system in its present state. The tank was designed to have the skimmer hidden behind the false wall and as you can see in this picture the Deltec MCE 600 detracts from the originally intended clean lines of a trimless system:

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/System_Resized.jpg

Canadian
01-25-2009, 11:37 PM
If a moderator reads this thread can you please change the title to Gauging Interest: "24 x 24 x 18 All-in-one Trimless System (VICTORIA)"

I don't know how I missed the second "24" but evidently I did.

JDigital
01-26-2009, 12:30 AM
If a moderator reads this thread can you please change the title to Gauging Interest: "24 x 24 x 18 All-in-one Trimless System (VICTORIA)"

I don't know how I missed the second "24" but evidently I did.

You are able to edit the title yourself... Click edit on ur first post, then select "Go Advanced" and you can update/change the title

cyber_ecco
01-26-2009, 02:27 AM
I would be interested in the light if your willing to ship to Van.

Canadian
01-26-2009, 02:54 AM
Thanks JDigital!

Ok, I'm kind of shocked and overwhelmed by the number of PMs I've received already.

For the sake of full disclosure I should have said that it will probably be 4-8 weeks before I'm ready to actually sell the system while I wait to have my new tank and stand built.

I also should have known better than to start the thread without having prices prepared but I figured because it was going to be a while before I could let everything go I would just test the waters for interest - and evidently there's a lot of interest. So what I'm going to do is put together a price list for each item individually and a price for the entire system (which will obviously work out to be less per item than selling everything individually). I will respond to all the PMs I received and give first choice in the order of the PMs I have received with preference to selling the entire system and to Victoria residents.

I'll be sure to get prices posted within the next day or two after I've searched around to figure out what fair market value is for each item.

Canadian
01-27-2009, 02:51 AM
Ok here's the price breakdown as promised. Please keep in mind that preference will be given to those wanting to buy the system as a package and to locals. I will respond to those people who have PM'd me for individual items if the sale of the full system falls through.

Tank w/ False wall, bulkhead, Locline, MJ1200 return, etc: $175

Stand with 4-corner leveling system: $75

Tek Light + Brackets + lamps: $225

Aquamedic Dual ReefDoser: $200

Full System without Doser: $450

Full System with Doser: $625

don.ald
01-27-2009, 05:34 AM
interested in the 24" lighing

Canadian
01-27-2009, 03:36 PM
At this point the tank, stand, and Tek light with lamps are tentatively spoken for as a package sale.

The Deltec MCE 600 is also tentatively spoken for.

The Aquamedic Dual Reef Doser is still available and I will lower the price to $175.

Because I'm still waiting for new equipment to arrive and/or be constructed it will probably be around 4 weeks before I'm ready to break down my existing system. Given the lengthy wait time I'm kind of concerned that interest from those who have tentatively agreed to purchase the above items may wane but I guess that's a risk I've taken by posting things for sale before I'm prepared to break the system down.

So if you're one of the people who has PM'd me and I haven't replied to you it's because the item you have asked about is spoken for and the easiest way for me to update everyone is in this post rather than individual PMs. But please keep in mind there's a possibility that I may end up posting things for sale again if people back out.

Canadian
03-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Well the buyer who was supposed to pick this system up either this weekend or next has run into some unforeseen circumstances and has informed me that the only way he can still purchase it is if I deliver it in Surrey.

I'm also setting up my new tank this weekend so things will be available basically effective immediately.

So this system is back up for sale.

Again (and this time I'm going to be pretty sticky about this), I would prefer to sell locally (in Victoria/ Vancouver Island) to avoid shipping hassles and complications, and I would prefer to sell as a system rather than part it out.

The system will include:

- 4 x 24W Sunlight Supply Tek Fixture with lamps, tank mounting brackets, and I'll throw in the couple extra lamps I have kicking around

- Custom top-trimless tank (24 x 24 x 18 with 3/8" glass) with custom 1/4" black acrylic false wall and baffle system (plus the associated plumbing parts (Locline etc.), return pump (MJ 1200), quick connect tee should you choose to add a phosban reactor (not included), custom back cap to cover the equipment, custom tank-edge-mount bracket with quick connect fittings for connection to ATO line (not included) and dosing lines (included) - see image in the reefcentral image gallery titled "manifold" here: http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=248126&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

- Aqua Medic Dual Reef Doser - in immaculate shape (comes with original receipt)

- Custom built stand with magnetic door front and internal 4-corner adjustable leveling feet (just in case your floor is as uneven as mine was when I lived in Vancouver)

Price: $600 (firm)

I would be willing to consider $450 for the system minus the doser if you don't have a need for it and if I'm able to find another buyer for the doser (unfortunately for me, by now I've had about 7-8 people offer to buy the doser and I had told them it was no longer for sale as it was being sold with the system)

The Deltec MCE 600 skimmer in the picture is spoken for (although I'll have to double check with that buyer to be sure I haven't lost another one to attrition during the wait).

Basically all you'd need is a skimmer (Tunze Nano 9002 recommended as it fits perfectly in the baffling system), a heater, and I'd suggest a powerhead (depending on what you intend to keep)

**See the first post in this thread for a picture**

***Additional pictures of the system will not be available until after this weekend (after I set up the new tank) until I have a chance to clean it up after it's been taken down***

Canadian
03-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Everyone who has PM'd me asking me to part things out:

I will consider doing this after I give the sale a few days to see if anyone wants the system as a whole. I would prefer to sell the entire system as a whole to someone locally. However, if a buyer doesn't surface then I will start entertaining parting things out.